• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Might have screwed up royally on this site. If it goes the wrong way, I'll probably have to leave for good...and no, not the dramatic "omg, pay attention to me" leave, I mean the "wow you all know that about me, so I can't show my face around here anymore" kind of leaving...we'll see, I guess...

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Might have screwed up royally on this site. If it goes the wrong way, I'll probably have to leave for good...and no, not the dramatic "omg, pay attention to me" leave, I mean the "wow you all know that about me, so I can't show my face around here anymore" kind of leaving...we'll see, I guess...

Did I miss something? You're an awesome guy from what I've been able to tell, what could you have done so wrong?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I was once not paid for the entire last month I worked for one store. I quit shortly after since I got another job right away, but I was always told for about 4 more months after that I would eventually be paid and they were taking care of paperwork etc. (it was for a whole December) By late April I got a notice in the mail that the company I worked for filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy and that I would be allowed to take part in a court case to possibly claim my back pay from 4 months earlier on a specific date in June in Philadelphia.

Never saw that money, and I kinda doubt I ever will.

That sucks!! I called my boss today and it seems there has been a miscommunication between one of the supervisors and the team that has to to take care of the payments. They never even received information of my working hours in Januari. They will make sure that I will get paid next week when the actual payment takes place. They better do or else..... *waves lawyer's phone number*

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa

Wait

Ok, so there is the Deathcore band that I recently got in to called Defiler

Well, they have a song called Ahzrukhal and my friend and I kept commenting on how weird the song title is.

Well, now I feel extremely stupid because I totally forgot that Ahzrukhal is a character in Fallout 3.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Don't feel that way Draco. You never asked for certain things to happen :)

I chose to become a part of certain things though, I should have just stayed out of them, I should have just stayed as just another member and that should have been it...why does trying to make friends always feel like a mistake?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It's really disturbing how cruel people can be. Even on the internet people and push people to the edge of suicide. It's really saddening to hear about all of this and it's also really scary how a lot of people don't show signs, and when they do show signs people push them even more or nothing is done about it...

Samarium said:
It's really disturbing how cruel people can be. Even on the internet people and push people to the edge of suicide. It's really saddening to hear about all of this and it's also really scary how a lot of people don't show signs, and when they do show signs people push them even more or nothing is done about it...

On the inverse, there's also those people who know of this and use it to their advantage. Hoping other people know the stakes, they over-exaggerate their situation in order for people to stop them from committing suicide. Even though they weren't considering it, necessarily. They just want the extra reassurance associated with it, to ensure that it never comes to them contemplating suicide. While it is not their intention, it is often perceived as insulting and disrespectful to the people who have actually ended their lives. Not that they should be treated like martyrs to emotional suffering, but because the fact they felt there was no other way. That they felt... they couldn't turn to anyone...

Someone at my school shot herself this year. It was so out-of-place; I was told she showed no signs of depression and/or getting bullied. Rumours about a fight with her parents were on the breath of it all, and that was only the least cruel of the rumours. And... she was only a sophomore. It was huge blow to our community, because shooting oneself in the head is a... really bad way to go. On a psychological standpoint, it showed that she probably was not hoping to be saved. One shot, and dead instantly. No hope of possible trip to the ER to save her life, no turning back if she got scared and changed her mind. She wanted to leave this world behind.

And then there are the people who end up being like "He/she's a coward" or "He/she's really selfish, leaving the people who may have pushed her to it with that guilt for the rest of their lives" but the thing is, when someone commits suicide, they are not thinking about that. They are desperate to get away from whatever pain they've endured for one moment too many. There is this saying that goes something like "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem," but sadly, for most of these people, "temporary" is still a long time. Pain can live with you for years. Depending on your state of mind, it becomes unbearable.

But, whatever. There's also para-suicide, which is a term for when someone starts to attempt suicide in hope that someone finds them before they finish the act. But, it's not a cry for attention. It's actually a cry for hepl. Sometimes there are not words to describe one's suffering, and they can only express them in such an action. There are a lot of para-suicides that end up never being caught in time, and the person does end up killing themselves because they wait to long for a response. That personally strikes me hard, as this could have been me once.

Forgive my tangent, I just wanted to put some things into perspective... since... well... I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
That's extremely crappy! I would take it to court. You wasted your time and energy at a store that you should have gotten paid for. Seriously, I would go to court about that. You don't need/deserve to be done ****** like that!

Well that was the point of the notice I got in the mail. They filed for protective bankruptcy which means that legally they no longer owed me anything at all but were legally required to give me a chance to take my case in a scheduled court session. All I had to do was travel across several states and stand in line with everyone else they likely owe hundreds of thousands too just to have a chance at pleading a case too. I most likely would have gotten nothing from that effort as well.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Why get depressed, fellas? When there is so much to hope for. =) Seriously, there's just so much hope its totally over powering the depression! For the past week I've been in a terrible state, and I've shed more tears than I ever thought I even had in my body! =O But you know what that did? Finally I realized what I was doing was just crying, and not getting anything done, and always clouding my mind with the lies of despair. Why despair though, when I am so much loved? Our Lord died on that cross solely for us, totally out of selfless love. He could have resisted the arrest, He could have even told the Roman soldiers that He wasn't Jesus of Nazareth and thus He could have escaped arrest, but He (not only was Jesus honest, of course) accepted the cross, the proof of His love for us. He doesn't care whether you've screwed up or not, He just wants your love, that's all! He is dying for us to run to Him! It wasn't the pains of the cross that hurt Him, no absolutely not, but the pains of the souls that would not love Him, and the souls that would fall into despair and think that He doesn't love them. How much more proof can you get of total, self-giving, sacrificial love than the cross? Nowhere, I mean nowhere can you see this love except there, you can't even give that much love if you tried. So run to Him, because He is always waiting, its never too late, never never never. =) By golly quit being silly and get up!

Don't despair because love and joy are so much more, you just have to remove that blindfold and see it. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom