• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
@PS
I think if you watch The Road, you'll appreciate doing what yo mama says to do. I mean, she bled (a lot), sweated, and teared for you to be where you're at now. So, it isn't unrealistic for her to expect you to do things ASAP.

Ok, I get if it took me 2 hours to do it, but 15 minutes? That's not that long.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ok, I get if it took me 2 hours to do it, but 15 minutes? That's not that long.

Even one minute can feel like forever given the right parameters aye. Trust me, I'm on your side - people should wait a lil for small things like coffee,. But...it's your mom, so even small things are serious on her side .

Clank

Hmm
I love my chronoscepter.
Z6gXMS9.png

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon

You thought this was bad?

Genie and Baby Albert. Horrible. (Genie is so friggin cute though)

(for those too lazy to read the whole thing, here's the gists of both articles:
Born in Arcadia, California, Genie was locked alone in a room from the age of 20 months to 13 years, 7 months, usually strapped to a child's toilet or bound in a crib with her arms and legs immobilized. During this time she was almost never exposed to any speech, and as a result she did not acquire a first language.

John B. Watson, after observing children in the field, was interested in finding support for his notion that the reaction of children, whenever they heard loud noises, was prompted by fear. Furthermore, he reasoned that this fear was innate or due to an unconditioned response. He felt that following the principles of classical conditioning, he could condition a child to fear another distinctive stimulus which normally would not be feared by a child.
As the preliminary to the experiment, Little Albert was given a battery of baseline emotional tests

A white rat was placed near Albert and he was allowed to play with it. At this point, the child showed no fear of the rat. He began to reach out to the rat as it roamed around him. In later trials, Watson and Rayner made a loud sound behind Albert's back when the baby touched the rat. Albert was again presented with only the rat. Now, however, he became very distressed as the rat appeared in the room. He cried, turned away from the rat, and tried to move away. Apparently, the baby boy had associated the white rat with the loud noise and was producing the fearful or emotional response of crying

Watson wanted to desensitize him to see if a conditioned stimulus could be removed, but knew from the beginning of the study that there would not be time. As Albert left the hospital on the day the last tests were made, no desensitizing ever took place, and it is likely that Albert's conditioned fear responses and phobias would continue post-experiment

Genie_%28feral_child%29.jpg
Genie's story brought ME to tears. The doctors and researchers tried so hard to socialize her after having faced years of extreme social isolation, abuse, and neglect by her parents, too. And just when some progress was made in regards to her learning to speak and express herself emotionally and creatively like a normal teenager, she got caught up in a tug-of-war battle between the doctors/researchers, her mom, several foster homes, etc. Much of the progress that was made had been reverted due to the conditions she faced in the foster homes and after returning home to her abusive mother. Just downright saddening, both the way she was treated and what she had to go through...

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Genie's story brought ME to tears. The doctors and researchers tried so hard to socialize her after having faced years of extreme social isolation, abuse, and neglect by her parents, too. And just when some progress was made in regards to her learning to speak and express herself emotionally and creatively like a normal teenager, she got caught up in a tug-of-war battle between the doctors/researchers, her mom, several foster homes, etc. Much of the progress that was made had been reverted due to the conditions she faced in the foster homes and after returning home to her abusive mother. Just downright saddening, both the way she was treated and what she had to go through...

Exactly, I almost cried in Psych class when we were going through her story. It's frustrating that people can do this to other humans and not bat an eye. I was so happy when she made all that progress and then when she started struggling I was so close to breaking down...

Dan

This really doesn't effect me in anyway, I've seen it too many times, I expect nothing more from our race, I'd be more scared if this wasn't how shizzle would go down, It's possible gumball you would do the same, you can not wipe it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom