• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I’m bored. Not a lot has happened. It’s summer break now, so I can’t even be frustrated by math. So, I’m going to focus on YouTube and the podcast. But I’m out of ideas. I’m currently trying to get a guest on. Well, three guests. Hopefully it goes well.

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
Music is the biggest thing that calms my anxiety, too.

I also find mechanical fidgets like Rubik's Cubes and folding cubes are calming. Don't know why.
I say whatever helps channel that anxiety is good.

I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety, some of it warranted, and I hope that soon I can mitigate more episodes of severe anxiety.

Fierce Deity Link

I’m bored. Not a lot has happened. It’s summer break now, so I can’t even be frustrated by math. So, I’m going to focus on YouTube and the podcast. But I’m out of ideas. I’m currently trying to get a guest on. Well, three guests. Hopefully it goes well.

Boredom gets me too at times. Seems stronger when it manifests since the advent of smart tech.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Have you learned any tricks to fight it?
Well, my usual go tos are reading, video games, and my main job, music. But, those don't always work because I don't always have access to them.

Like, when I say I help out my dad at his auto body shop, I'm really just sitting there 8 hours a day mostly with nothing to do. So much like him, I get fidgety and easily bored, lol.

Fierce Deity Link

Well, my usual go tos are reading, video games, and my main job, music. But, those don't always work because I don't always have access to them.

Like, when I say I help out my dad at his auto body shop, I'm really just sitting there 8 hours a day mostly with nothing to do. So much like him, I get fidgety and easily bored, lol.
Reading helps me, got some books I need to read. My problem is I am sanguine, I love to socialize, and reading is solitary experience. I miss college lit class when I knew what I read we’d discuss and we also read as a group.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Reading helps me, got some books I need to read. My problem is I am sanguine, I love to socialize, and reading is solitary experience. I miss college lit class when I knew what I read we’d discuss and we also read as a group.
You ever thought about joining or starting a book club? I know for social folks that love to read they find these incredibly enjoyable. :)

I like reading for its own sake, because I find it calms my mind.... And then 6 hours passed by. :D

Fierce Deity Link

You ever thought about joining or starting a book club? I know for social folks that love to read they find these incredibly enjoyable. :)

I like reading for its own sake, because I find it calms my mind.... And then 6 hours passed by. :D
I need to see if there is a book club. I heard of one at a local bookstore, I’ll check it out. :)

Haha Takes me 25-1hr of reading to transition, like a workout for my mind, at first the brain muscle moans, then you get that second wind and become a reading machine. :)

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've been diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago, I was on meds at first but then the pandemic kinda made that fall by the wayside and it never really came up again, thank God. Thing is, I try not to give myself any accommodations for it, I make myself push through because I despise the idea of having a ton of like, coping systems or support systems or whatever. I just grind through it.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I've been diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago, I was on meds at first but then the pandemic kinda made that fall by the wayside and it never really came up again, thank God. Thing is, I try not to give myself any accommodations for it, I make myself push through because I despise the idea of having a ton of like, coping systems or support systems or whatever. I just grind through it.
It's not so much the impulsiveness, the forgetfulness, and such, because those can be managed. I find alarms, calendars, watches, and journals can be enormously helpful.

It's moreso the impulsive nature of my emotions that worries me that I've always had, looking back on things, and why I talked to my brother about it. People can forgive you for being easily distracted, forgetful, and any other things that are more mild. Most people do not forgive or tolerate when you express emotions in an impulsive way.

By that I mean largely how quickly my emotions are expressed without any filter. Quick to anger, easily frustrated, can't handle stress well, difficult to self-sooth.

Fierce Deity Link

It's not so much the impulsiveness, the forgetfulness, and such, because those can be managed. I find alarms, calendars, watches, and journals can be enormously helpful.

It's moreso the impulsive nature of my emotions that worries me that I've always had, looking back on things, and why I talked to my brother about it. People can forgive you for being easily distracted, forgetful, and any other things that are more mild. Most people do not forgive or tolerate when you express emotions in an impulsive way.

By that I mean largely how quickly my emotions are expressed without any filter. Quick to anger, easily frustrated, can't handle stress well, difficult to self-sooth.
Yeah my impulsive tendencies took time to temper, I often think “what would Spock do?” and I flip the adage, “better to ask permission, than ask for forgiveness.”

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer

Yeah, I get what you're saying and can certainly relate, but I would rather conquer that on my own and not need medication for basic emotional regulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom