• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This is the serious what's on your mind thread for serious issues. And really very serious. So things like posting 5 posts isn't really that serious. You can post things like that in the what's on your mind thread in general chitchat forum ;)

Edit: this thread is meant for things like people dealing with abuse, suicidal thoughts, being in a situation they don't feel like they can escape etc. The other what's on your mind thread is for anything else

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I spent the night at my friends house. He lives with his parents and have quite a few cars, so I had to park behind his dad’s truck. He woke me up this morning and asked if I could let him out so he could go to work. I pull out, he pulls out, I pull back in. I get out of my car and realize that he locked me out of their house. All I had on me were my keys and my shoes, so I couldn’t call anyone and everyone who was still in the house was asleep. I pretty much sat there for about 45 minutes to an hour before I just got fed up and rang the doorbell enough times that someone woke up and angrily checked their front door.

I’m not mad at all, not even really annoyed. I’m not sure what emotion I’m feeling tbh.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I have been staying up for far too long recently and my attempts to fix it usually fail miserably. Like usually it’s something I can deal with but I’ve been up for 30 hours straight. Granted, tonight was a special occasion and I didn’t really have much of a chance to fall asleep but this isn’t something I want to be doing to myself.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I was talking with my Sunday School teacher yesterday (she's a really nice older woman) and she doesn't know much about video games. For some reason though she has a switch and has been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 as her first video game. She's managed to make it to like the 12th floor and I'm just? So impressed?? Like, that actually takes a lot of skill lol.
She said that when she's done she might borrow the first Zelda from me. I don't know how to tell her they don't make cartridges of that lollll. I may end up lending her botw instead.

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
I was talking with my Sunday School teacher yesterday (she's a really nice older woman) and she doesn't know much about video games. For some reason though she has a switch and has been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 as her first video game. She's managed to make it to like the 12th floor and I'm just? So impressed?? Like, that actually takes a lot of skill lol.
She said that when she's done she might borrow the first Zelda from me. I don't know how to tell her they don't make cartridges of that lollll. I may end up lending her botw instead.
My Youth Pastor was major gamer, he actually set up consoles at the church, we’d play games before service. Such good times.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Things on my mind is that visiting my family, my brother recently was diagnosed with ADHD when he was seeing a therapist about his PTSD he developed after his service in the Army. Had to go to Iraq, which is rough.

But, he recently got diagnosed with ADHD, and he suspects my dad and I might have it because the disorder is highly genetic. I asked him for more information on it, and he told me to do some research and talk to my doctor and go from there. Learning about the disorder explains so much about mine, my brother's, and my dad's behavior.

We're all naturally very impulsive, easily distracted, we all have intrusive thoughts, we all have impatience and often speak out of turn, we all are emotionally impulsive, that is, easily annoyed and easily excitable, we all have no filter with behavior, thoughts, or emotions, we often forget to do important things and put them off until last minute, none of us handle stress very well, I only remain organized with help from my wife, friends, and family members, because I have a hard time keeping appointments I've made in mind, and all these little things build up into bigger issues that we've all dealt with, just myself, my brother, and my dad have a harder time handling stuff like that like other people can.

Needless to say, my anxiety that I know I have through talking with a therapist may actually be something deeper, because in the research I've conducted, it's actually quite rare to have plain ol' vanilla ADHD, it's often combined with other issues.

That said, one piece of advice that's firmly welded in my brain from my dad now makes so much more sense with this knowledge. He always told me to physically write down important details, dates, things you have to do, and appointments on paper, and I might have to start doing that, because I have a hard time keeping future dates or appointments I've made in mind, unless my brain finds it ultra important and hyperfixates on it.

So, my appointment is tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Things on my mind is that visiting my family, my brother recently was diagnosed with ADHD when he was seeing a therapist about his PTSD he developed after his service in the Army. Had to go to Iraq, which is rough.

But, he recently got diagnosed with ADHD, and he suspects my dad and I might have it because the disorder is highly genetic. I asked him for more information on it, and he told me to do some research and talk to my doctor and go from there. Learning about the disorder explains so much about mine, my brother's, and my dad's behavior.

We're all naturally very impulsive, easily distracted, we all have intrusive thoughts, we all have impatience and often speak out of turn, we all are emotionally impulsive, that is, easily annoyed and easily excitable, we all have no filter with behavior, thoughts, or emotions, we often forget to do important things and put them off until last minute, none of us handle stress very well, I only remain organized with help from my wife, friends, and family members, because I have a hard time keeping appointments I've made in mind, and all these little things build up into bigger issues that we've all dealt with, just myself, my brother, and my dad have a harder time handling stuff like that like other people can.

Needless to say, my anxiety that I know I have through talking with a therapist may actually be something deeper, because in the research I've conducted, it's actually quite rare to have plain ol' vanilla ADHD, it's often combined with other issues.

That said, one piece of advice that's firmly welded in my brain from my dad now makes so much more sense with this knowledge. He always told me to physically write down important details, dates, things you have to do, and appointments on paper, and I might have to start doing that, because I have a hard time keeping future dates or appointments I've made in mind, unless my brain finds it ultra important and hyperfixates on it.

theres a thing callled a calendar??? that keeps days and time in it!! :cool:

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon

I am diagnosed ADD, so minus the hyperactivity (my bro-in-law has ADHD). It really helps to get the diagnosis because then you can get access to means to manage it: vitamins, prescriptions, academic aid, financial aid, and so forth.

I can relate to the anxiety, I manage it with music: Gregorian Chant, Eastern Orthodox Chant, and etc which helps calm me when I am anxious. I also found having a squeeze ball, worry stone, or rosary beads to rub helps channel that anxiety.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I am diagnosed ADD, so minus the hyperactivity (my bro-in-law has ADHD). It really helps to get the diagnosis because then you can get access to means to manage it: vitamins, prescriptions, academic aid, financial aid, and so forth.

I can relate to the anxiety, I manage it with music: Gregorian Chant, Eastern Orthodox Chant, and etc which helps calm me when I am anxious. I also found having a squeeze ball, worry stone, or rosary beads to rub helps channel that anxiety.
Music is the biggest thing that calms my anxiety, too.

I also find mechanical fidgets like Rubik's Cubes and folding cubes are calming. Don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom