• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Today we went to the Bromo volcano. We walked all the way and climbed some stairs. But the view....most beautiful view I've ever seen so far. Words can't describe how perfect this moment was. I had several BotW moments while walking. The mountains, the sellers with their stuff and of course the caravans and horses. It was lile I went to a Shrine and visited a small town or stable nearby!

What's on my mind right now is this...

The radical-Left is really no better than the radical-Right. All freaking extremists are basically the same regardless of political affiliation and have far more in common than they're willing to admit. I'm calling out extremists in BOTH parties, extremists period regardless of their political and/or denominational affiliation, because they're causing a lot of harm and making things worse for everyone.

I've had it with the bs so I posted this online today (I was careful not to mention anyone by name here in my post on ZD to protect the identity of the person(s) I was having a conversation with because I do not approve of doxxing and death threats):

Here's what I posted online today when I became so fed up with the bs:

(Quote) "First off, if you want to look at sexism in "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" and "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom", maybe the fact that Gerudo town is a town completely banning and discriminating against men is where you want to start. Some people say that it was because of "the actions of Ganondorf". If anything "The Legend of Zelda" is sexist and biased against men, not women. First of all, if it's true, that the Gerudo banned and discriminated all men for "the actions of Ganondorf" then the Gerudo are sad, ungreateful traitors because Ganondorf was the only one brave enough to revolt against the fascist Hylian supremacist royal family of Hyrule and fight for the liberation of his people, demanding equality and justice for the Gerudo.

And when that didn't work, he went to war against the tyrannical and oppressive Hylian monarchy and you should play Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild and other such games and see the horrific atrocities that the Hylian royals have committed against the Gerudo, the Sheikah, the Twili, the Zonai and countless other races of Hyrule, as well as the torture and execution chambers they built all over Huryle (the Shadow Temple, Well of Three Features, Arbiter's Grounds and the giant colloseum seen in BOTW) where the Hylian royal family tortured and killed people who questioned them, disagreed with them on anything or dissented.

I suggest you watch this (here's about 4 dozens of must watch videos on the atrocities and injustices perpetrated by the Hylian royal family against the various people of Hyrule and the people of the Gerudo Desert, get this: the Hylians, especially their royal family, are NOT the "good guys" we've been socially conditioned to believe they are):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzG_3q50DuPkRcOm-vIy4hvnUyvKV5O-t

The Hylian royals didn't tolerate any dissent, because they were fascists. They practiced racism and religious bigotry against the Gerudo people because they're a race of dark-skinned people and worshipped the goddess of the sand instead of the three golden goddesses, the Hylian royal family forced the Gerudo people to live in a ghetto in the deadly desert where they couldn't partake in the blessings, prosperity, lush green lands, nurishing river water and other basic necessities of life that the Hylians enjoyed as Ganondorf explained in Wind Waker (the Hylian royals where not just Hylian supremacists, they were rich and privileged and born with a gold spoon in their mouth, they never experienced lack, need, and poverty like the Gerudo and other people did, and they inflict this on the Gerudo by parking them in a ghetto in the desert where there's hardly any green life and/or water and food and medicine, etc), Ganondorf even pointed out that "your gods killed you!" which is true. In their obsession with their Hylian favoritism and their obsession with killing Ganondorf, the golden goddesses drowned millions if not billions of people, including the Gerudo race by sinking Hyrule to the bottom of the ocean.

The Gerudo lived in a ghetto in the deadly desert where many of them died from heat strokes during the day or hypothermia during the freezing sandstorm nights, or died from starvation or preventable diseases and they were forced to attack and rob travelers for the bare necessities of life, for survival, because ressources are in such scarcity in the desert. What in the world were Ganondorf and his people supposed to do? Just lay down and die? And the fascist Hylian supremacist members of the royal family all have surprised Pikachu faces when Ganondorf attacks them after they denied equality, justice and prosperity to his people (and himself too) for generations?

If the Gerudo condemn their king for doing the right thing and fighting for the liberation and equality of his people, then they are sad, ungrateful traitors, they don't deserve a king like him, most of them were too cowardly or beaten down to even fight back against their oppressor and eventually Zelda and her family mass genocided the rest of the Gerudo just because of what Link told him after he was sent back to re-live his childhood which is why there isn't any Gerudo in Twilight Princess, and there's ruins everywhere and Arbiter's Grounds, the torture and killing chamber built by the Hylian royal family has the Hylian royal crest plastered on it, it was built over the remains of the Spirit Temple, the Hylian royal family must have forced the Gerudo women and little girls to build their own prison and their own graves where they would be tortured and executed. That's what the Gerudo got for licking the feet of their Hylian royal oppressor and turning on their king who was fighting for their liberation and their future, they were exterminated final solution style by the Hylian royals, during the events of Twilight Princess there wasn't a single Gerudo left on the child timeline, only ruins in the desert.

And don't even mention Four Swords, because people who claim it took place after TP or on the child timeline couldn't be further from the truth:

On the adult timeline the Gerudo were all mass genocided, death by drowning, in a muirderous global flood. And there doesn't seem to be a single Gerudo in ALTTP and probably most of the hero is defeated timeline.

But let's pretend for a moment that Ganondorf's action were "evil" which I don't think they were, because people are justified in revolting against racial supremacists and tyrants like the Hylian royal family when they are oppressed and suppressed at every turn and marginalized and denied equality and justice, if there are still Jews and Christians in Iran, they would be justified in revolting against the mullahs of Iran who seek to eradicate them and oppress them at every turn, they would be justified in overthrowing an oppressive regime. But let's pretend for a moment that Ganondorf's actions were "evil", that still wouldn't justified the Gerudo being hateful misandrist people in BOTW and TOTK and banning and discriminating all voes/males for the action of one male just because they happened to be born male too.

Imagine if I said this, "I was raped by a black male when I was a kid, therefore I think all black people are evil, therefore I think all black people should be banned from my town because of the actions of this one black male and black people should not be allowed in my town for being black people and being born the "wrong" skin color". Can you imagine the public outcry? I would be called a racist, a hateful person, a stereotyping bigot, a nasty biatch.

Now, Imagine if a town full of men decided to ban and discriminate all women because they had a bad experience with a woman once. There would be public outcry. They would be called misogynistic pigs, sexist morons, stereotyping bigots, etc. But apparently banning and discriminating all men, sexism against males, misandry is all fine and dandy and acceptable and nobody bats an eyelash. It's the epitome of hypocrisy and double standard. Reverse the genders or the races and there would be a public outcry, it's the epitome of hypocrisy and double standard. There's a lot of sexism against men for being men (especially by Gerudo in BOTW and TOTK) in Zelda games and a lot of racism against dark-skinned races (especially the Gerudo) for being "other" and different from the Hylians.

So yeah, this game is not biased against women like the radical-Left claims. If anything it's biased against men. Men suffer from discrimination in Zelda games simply because they were born male.

There are tons of tough female characters such as Paya, Impa, Urbosa, Mipha, Riju, Buliara, Purah, every female traveler you meet, and of course Zelda. Also the Gerudo women are straight up badasses. Also you constantly ask for a female Link. Link is not nor should he ever be female. He was, is and will always be male, that's his gender and if you have a problem with that and you think he's defective and broken for being male, you are the sexist, not me (and no, I will not read your female Link fanfictions, I don't read fanfictions where the authors change the characters' arbitrary characteristics that make them recognizable such as race, skin color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc, and things like race swaps and gender swaps).

Why do you constantly try to change Link's gender? Why don't you ever ask for a male Zelda or female Ganondorf? In actuality BOTW (not to mention Hyrule Warriors) has more female characters than male, there is a sexist (Gerudo) female only town, a tough princess with goddess powers that have been protecting her kingdom single handedly (not so single-handedly considering that in most of the games it's Link who risks his life and limbs in the wars and who has become such a slave to the establishment that he blindly follow the Hylian royals and let them use him as a cannon fodder in their wars against those who dissent against their tyranny), and you still say the game has a bias against women? Really? If anything, the game has a bias against men and against dark-skinned people.

Nope! You spout every bit of the "women are powerful only when they do right by males" narrative that Tumblr feminists like to spout. I don't know whether you are a troll or you actually play the game. Also, you mention the "patriarchal" society of Nintendo, but are you willing to criticize Japanese culture, a minority culture? I thought minority cultures were "better than western cultures". Are you saying they're not?

First off, the idea that a society could exclude individuals based only on their gender (heck even Link has to dress up as a woman and look and act feminine to walk through Gerudo town without being beaten up, killed or jailed, why does he not tell them that he won't help them until they treat men better is beyond me, does he enjoy being treated like crap because of his gender, is he masochistic?), and that's just supposed to be respected by everyone, even when the fate of the world is at stake, is completely ridiculous. Historically, Gerudo almost never give birth to men (if the one male born every hundred years story is not fake propaganda by the Hylian royals who kill all the male Gerudo to make it easier to brainwashed the females into turning on Ganondorf and becoming complicit in their own oppression at the hands of the Hylian supremacist royal family of Hyrule); how this translates into excluding men from their society when there are so few male Gerudo, especially when the survival of their culture and society is at stake, is beyond me; but that may further explain their strong interest in voe. I hate to break it to you, but vai can't procreate amongst themselves.

In BOTW and TOTK, in Gerudo culture, males are good enough to reproduce with to perpetuate the Gerudo species and ensure the survival of the Gerudo race, but not good enough to be allowed in their town and culture and treated equality. That's how misandrist they are. There's even a Gerudo in BOTW who got married to a guy and she wants to have kids with him, but he's not allowed in her town for the so-called "crime" of having been born male. This is what you get as a male for helping Gerudo women procreate and ensure the survival of their people, you get to be used a sperm bank and you become a victim of the "separate but equal" bs mindset.

But I'm honestly only making this comment to mention that GTA is an embellished, cynical parody of real life. Prostitutes exist in the game because they exist in reality (regardless of either of our views on the issue). Yeah, you can "abuse" them. You can abuse just about anyone in GTA. You play as a murderous, criminal sociopath.

Also, in the majority of Zelda games that I've played, I don't recall Link and Zelda having any sort of romantic relationship. In many LOZ games Zelda is a fairly distant character. Link is a "hero" and Zelda is a Princess (a soldier of sorts and a political figure), and they play their respective roles in the story, without any romantic involvement whatsoever. That's not to say that some people won't read more into their relationship in various games (I certainly don't, and I can't stand Zelink shippers), but in most of the games there's little if any substantial implication of any romance between the two.

Final note, Link doesn't "save the princess". Link serves the royal family, and "protects the kingdom of Hyrule". He's the Hylian royal family's lapdog and blindfully obedient sheep. Video game Link never think for himself, video game Link never question the Hylian royal family even after he's been through the torture and execution chambers where countless people were tortured and murdered for questioning, disagreeing or dissenting (torture and execution chambers like the Shadown Temple, Well of Three Features, Arbiter's Grounds and the giant colloseum in BOTW, the Hylian royal family crest is found in the first three and probably in the fourth one too), video game Link never revolts against the atrocities and injustices prepetrated by the Hylian royal family, video game Link maintains the status quo and kill anyone the Hylian royal family tells him to kill without a pause, video game Link has been brainwashed from infancy into a cult because that's what the Hylian royal family is and he was taught from a very early age to be a slave to the establishment, to be blindfully loyal and blindfully loyal to the Hylian royals.

This is why I much prefer fanfiction Link over video game Link. Fanfiction Link thinks for himself and doesn't blindly follow orders, fanfiction Link question things, fanfiction Links walk away from the Hylian royal family, fanfiction Link hold the Hylian royals accountable for their atrocities and injustices, fanfiction Link doesn't see Ganondorf and the Gerudo through this extreme black and white thinking with no gray area which video game Link has succombed to, fanfiction Link learn to love his "enemy" and to sympathize with Ganondorf and his people after all the abuse and dehumanization they've experienced at the hands of the Hylian royals for so long, fanfiction Link doesn't passively watch as the Hylian royal family calls the shots, in many cases fanfiction Link doesn't believe in the myth of "redemptive violence".

Give me fanfiction Link any time of the day over video game Link. Video game Link is a sheep, the Hylian royal family's lapdog and a slave to the establishment, he has little to no character development and doesn't better himself as a person, he just conforms to the establishment and do as he's told, blind conformity. How is this a good thing?

But when you really think about it, everything is Hylia's fault and this is another example of sexism against men, the man is never given a choice, especially during times of war and conflict, Link was never given a choice, because the evil and malignant narcissist goddess Hylia (who is really no better than Demise because she intervene in the mortals' affairs and drag innocent mortals into her conflicts with the demon instead of fighting that battle all alone on her own and she doesn't care how many of those innocent mortals are harmed or killed in the crossfire) decided that she would take all of Link's choices from him by creating the Master Sword in such a way that he alone can wield it because she wanted to make sure that he has no way out, that he has zero free will and zero freedom of choice, he's Hylia's pawn, he has no freedom of choice, and she calls the shot and he has no way out because all of his choices were taken from him or made for him without his being given any say in the matter:

Video game Link is just a pawn (Hylia's pawn, and the fascist Hylian royals' pawn), had all of his choices taken from him, is a slave to the establishment and cannot even think for himself.

This is why I much prefer the fanfictions over the games and fanfiction Link over video game Link. Not only is Link allowed to SPEAK and given a VOICE, he also take his freedom of choice back, he thinks for himself, he calls the shot, he refuse to be a pawn and a sheep, he refuse to help the Hylian royals perpetrate atrocities and injustices, he refuse to let others make his choices for him. And that's how I like it. That's what I call a good story and actual character development.

I was accused of "mansplaining", but I was born biologically female and I'm technically gender-fluid not male, show some consistancy. Also "mansplaining" is a sexist term. Imagine if the genders were reversed and a bunch of man added the word "fem" to every term they use such as; "femsplaining", "femterrupting", "femslamming", "fem flu", you would scream sexism. The hypocrisy and double standard is astounding. If the genders were reversed, no one would hesitate to call it sexist.

And see, now you're getting into illogical, biased, subjective territory. You're basically stating that a man, due to being a man, cannot hold an opinion on, debate, or understand anything relating to any issue which predominantly affects women; which is an entirely ludicrous statement. I have male friends who understand issues which predominantly affect women and who are very supportive of equality for people of all genders. They are men and I know how ludicrous it is when radical-Left people claim that men can cannot hold an opinion on, debate, or understand anything relating to any issue which predominantly affect women. It's ludicrous, sexist, and nonsense.

A trendy pop-term like "mansplaining" doesn't justify or excuse calling someone's opinion on an issue invalid—regardless of their stance—based on their gender. At this point you're being hypocritical. If the genders were reversed you would scream sexism and bs. Why so much hypocrisy and double standard? Her argument about Zelda games having a bias against women is illogical and rife with fallacies (As I've already explained... like, 4 months ago?). Last I check, women are allowed to disagree with other women on this and countless other things and I've demonstrated why I disagree with her.

The radical-Left is no better than the radical-Right, all extremists are basically the same and have far more in common than they're willing to admit. The radical-Left is just as toxic, harmful and abusive as the radical-Right. The extremists on the Left think that all men are evil, sexist pigs by birth, by default and by nature, that the "pink tax" is real (it's been debunked so many times it makes me sick), that all men and white people are "privileged" (no matter how poor, needy and lacking they are), and they also believe that "misgendering is literally violence" (they also care more about 50 000 different pronouns than they do about bettering the lives of LGBT people), they also trivialize actual rape by calling things rape that aren't rape and using terms such as "switch rape", "fart rape", "stare rape" and "Schrödinger's Rapist" (they are slapping actual rape victims of both genders in the face when they trivialize rape like this and it's freaking sexist to paint all men and boys as prospective rapists and predators based solely on their gender, which again is misandry or sexism against men or gender-based stereotyping. This is not helping anyone. This isn't helping women and minorities. It only makes things worse. And it's wrong and harmful.

This is why so many women on the American continent today, myself included identify as EGALitarians and NOT as FEMME-inists. This is also why I'm neither Conservative nor Liberal, neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm Center-Left in my values but for the most part I'm non-partisan or independent and I'm not interested in having a political and/or denominational affiliation, I just can't stand all those crackpot radical extremists in BOTH parties. The two party system is so harmful and such a sham, the United-States and Canada (my country, Canada is my country) should have a multi-party political system like other countries instead of a lame and harmful two party system. I dream of the day when the failed two party system will be abolished."

The harm caused by the failed two party system:

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/...ve-their-two-party-system.75504/#post-1406669

(Unquote)

This is what's on my mind at the moment...

Take care and I wish you all a good night,

Kat.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
There is ne’er a man, woman, or child to trust when there’s a cake in the house.

Your morality will soon prove to be naught but a desperate clinging to that which makes you weak. One night a half eaten cake from someone’s birthday party will be brought home. The next it might even stay there because nobody felt like eating it. This dynamic is but a house of cards. All it takes is for one person to stay hungry after a meal. The moment that a single soul takes the knife out is when all hell breaks loose. It doesn’t matter how much anyone has had. It will be gone before anyone even notices. Almost as if the cake was never there to begin with. You must remain vigilant, proactive, and most importantly, ruthless. There will be anger. There will be frustration. There will be spite. This much is inevitable. There is but one question that remains.

Will you be the one to suffer, or will you take what rightfully belongs to you?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Fw65TI4XwAEmsPA.png

frickers tried to stop my heart

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
This afternoon I watched a seven-floor building turn into a massive fireball and collapse from my office window in the city. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life, it happened so quickly and looked absolutely horrific. Hopefully nobody was injured, I walked past it on the way to work this morning and the building looked pretty old so fingers crossed it was not occupied.

Woke up to someone tagging me on Twitter to identify a sawfly... like, me specifically. Of all the people to tag who may know sawflies, they tagged me. Felt weird. I ended up tagging some guys in Europe to confirm cuz it's a European species, but it's still weird.

I ended up messaging one of the guys I tagged, asking for resource suggestions because I have very few. Super nervous, but hopefully my interest is enough to be taken kind of seriously. I wish my anxiety weren't so bad cuz Twitter's lack of an edit button is just making me think of how I could have phrased things better.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Woke up to someone tagging me on Twitter to identify a sawfly... like, me specifically. Of all the people to tag who may know sawflies, they tagged me. Felt weird. I ended up tagging some guys in Europe to confirm cuz it's a European species, but it's still weird.
That reminds me of a couple days ago. Someone random messaged me on Instagram saying they loved my art and asking if they could promote me on their page. I was obviously like "pfft, of course I want free promotion" but it's just so weird to have random people calling out your posts or blog.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Last week of our holidays just started already. We've arrived in Bali yesterday. Time sure flies! We're already planning our holidays for next year. Either China or Vietnam (possibly with Cambodia and Laos included).

So here I figured we could just have a thread for people to vent and let out whatever is bothering them right now

Right now I'm bothered by the fact that I apparently have to make 5 posts to be cleared as "not spam" just so I can play a game in the mafia subforum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom