• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I find it really amusing that my mom makes a big show of how much she hates it when I use hair accessories despite being a boy but she never notices when I actually do. She'll yell at me for wearing a ponytail but I can and have worn bobby pins right in her face and she has never noticed. I keep thinking back to the time a few years ago I suggested getting some while we were in the store and she started yelling at me right there in the aisle saying she won't have her son looking like a f*g. And the several times I've worn them around her since she's never noticed they were there, like today. Kind of ironic for her.

The takeaway here is she's dumb and reactionary and boys can wear whatever they want in their hair.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I find it really amusing that my mom makes a big show of how much she hates it when I use hair accessories despite being a boy but she never notices when I actually do. She'll yell at me for wearing a ponytail but I can and have worn bobby pins right in her face and she has never noticed. I keep thinking back to the time a few years ago I suggested getting some while we were in the store and she started yelling at me right there in the aisle saying she won't have her son looking like a f*g. And the several times I've worn them around her since she's never noticed they were there, like today. Kind of ironic for her.

The takeaway here is she's dumb and reactionary and boys can wear whatever they want in their hair.
I have a good friend who's the son of the pastor at my church, his hair is really long. At first his parents complained about it a lot but now they just ignore it. He keeps in in a bun most of the time, so you can't really tell how long it is, but I swear his hair is nicer than mine. We did get in trouble for braiding it for him during church though. And as a girl who really really wants short hair but isn't allowed to I agree that people should be able to wear their hair how they want. Everyone has different tastes.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I see so many people with an undercut hairstyle and they call it a Viking hairdo, despite the fact that there's no evidence of undercuts being a thing in Scandinavian culture at that time. The closest you get is a short hairstyle that favored a shaved back and long bangs at the front to keep cool, but that's attributed more closely to the Normans according to the Bayeux Tapestry.

Basically, in Viking culture, men wore their hair one of two ways: long or short. If you wore it long, a simple way was to just tie it in a braid to keep it out of your face.

They were a practical people, and while they are noted to be well groomed, don't take that fact to mean they had distinctly modern haircuts, or, what some people do, a modern outlook on life. They were a product of their culture and time, after all.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Had to leave work early today due to some severe abdominal pain. Went to urgent care and they think I have diverticulitis. They prescribed me some antibiotics and hopefully that's all it's going to take. It's possible for this condition to cause a hole in your intestines and require surgery. That happened to my mom a few years ago. I seem to get everything she does. :/ Fortunately the doctor didn't think I'm in danger of that at the moment, so unless I start vomiting and develop a fever, I'll be fine.

I just hope this doesn't impact my ability to go pickup TotK on Friday. :(

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Thinking about tone controls in drive pedals.

Going simplest to more complex:

ProCo Rat: Simple low pass filter. The more you turn the tone knob clockwise, the more the treble of your sound gets attenuated.

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi: Two filter blend, meaning it possesses both a low pass and a high pass filter. With the tone dial at 12 o'clock, you get a little mid-range scoop, turning counter-clockwise attenuates treble, turning clockwise attenuates bass.

Klon Centaur: Treble boost gain. In other words, the tone control selects the level of boosting the operational amplifier. In other words, no frequencies are being attenuated, just amplification, as the frequency always remains the same. That's why it sounds so much louder with the tone knob turned all the way clockwise.

Ibanez Tube Screamer: Active presence. Basically, the pedal's tone control has a filter that cuts anything above 720 Hz, and then the op-amp boosts the level to compensate. However it also bleeds high frequencies out of the feedback loop of the amplifier, which has the effect of more high frequencies being amplified through the circuit. This is the basis of how the presence control works on an amplifier. Thus, fully counter-clockwise, it darkens up the sound a bit, while turning clockwise brightens up the sound quite a bit.

This is another reason why I also say to people to actually turn the knobs on your amps and pedals. What's labeled as a tone control on one device, might not be doing what you think it should be doing, because of how another device shapes the tone. And some pedals can have multiple tone controls each shaping different aspects of the sound, like the Airis Effects Savage Drive, or the Aggressive Screamer.

And before you ask, the tone controls on a guitar, typically, are low pass filters. When set to 0, or all the way off, treble inherent in the guitar sound is being attenuated, but on 10, or all the way up, all of your treble passes through.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
the discourse of what I've seen on my twitter yesterday is the embodiment of why I hated the artstyle change in xenoblade chronicles 2
it just pandered to that mainstream anime otaku crowd, and those are the weirdos going after skye bennett (voice actor) over her thoughts on a harem ending which they feverishly went to defend like their lives depended on it, not to mention the stupid people that turned it into identity politics

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
One of my bosses said I could keep the cardboard display box for ToTK after we sell them, but apparently one of my coworkers asked him before me and he said no to him, so we've agreed we're gonna have a smash match on Friday morning to decide who actually gets it. I'm gonna see if I can hook my switch up to the breakroom TV and get some other people to join in while we're at it, wish me luck.
We've only got 25 copies of ToTK in the back btw, and what people are saying I should do is place an online order at around 2 AM when they will publicly enter the system so I have one reserved for sure, but idk if I want to wake up for that. They make employees wait until something has been on the floor for 15 minutes before we can buy it, so I'm a bit scared that they'll all be taken for the online orders by then but I guess we'll see.

As the original post says, this is a thread to post things that are on your mind whether they be happy, sad, or thought provoking.

Well, here's the things on my mind at the moment (and please read all of my post, the whole thing, before you reply and/or comment on it, especially if you're a mod, so that there will be no misunderstanding or misinterpretation)...

I feel crappy because I have the flu and irritation in my throat and I've had a hard time sleeping more than like 4 hours in a row these days because I'm sick and it sucks, I wish I could sleep a full 8 hours 'cause that's how much sleep an adult need everyday according to many studies and so it's no wonder I feel cranky and exhausted.

As if that wasn't bad enough, someone posted this article on one of my social media and it made me feel even more cranky and tired:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/10/fact-checking-the-trump-town-hall

Here's an extract:

(Quote) "Donald Trump consistently spread falsehoods, lies and misinformation throughout his town hall hosted by CNN on Wednesday night in front of a crowd of mostly Republican voters in New Hampshire. The former president made false and misleading claims about the 2020 election, the January 6 insurrection, immigration, his border wall, abortion, his sexual abuse trial, the investigation into his handling of classified documents and other subjects.

The host, Kaitlan Collins, attempted to interject and fact-check his claims in real time, though many falsehoods went unchecked as Trump followed his long history of touting baseless conspiracy theories amid his mounting legal troubles." (Unquote)

This is what I have to say about this:

This isn't anything new under the sun.

Trump has always been a pathological liar and he's spewed THOUSANDS of lies during his presidency and he's still spewing lies now as we speak:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzG_3q50DuPm1SPuA6AJEQzzcBXR1PgbW

Trump was born lying and apparently, he's gonna die lying. Also, I find it very sad that since he's such a dangerous psychopath who has committed crimes like sexual assaults, killing innocent civilians, forced mass sterilization of immigrant women of color in ICE detention facilities (which are his Nazi eugenics experimentation camps) through his doctor dubbed "the uterus collector"*, not to mention all the other atrocities he's committed that he's still walking free.

*See this:

The United-States is an evil country where rich white men, especially radical-Right politicians, can buy the cops, buy the courts, buy the lawyers, buy the judges and never face consequences for the crimes and atrocities they commit. They never serve any jail time and the corrupt and bought judges look the other way, being like "what crimes?", whistling and feigning ignorance of the crimes. :whistle:

And some people have become desensitized to things like this and nothing changes. It's so awful. I have two words for this: "cringe" and "facepalm". :ananger::fpalm:

In the evil United-States of America, dangerous and mentally unstable psychopaths like George W. Bush and Donald Trump are allowed to run for office instead of being barred from the presidency, cops can get away with horrific acts of police brutality even against frail elderly women with dementia or alzheimer's and mentally/neurologically disabled children, radical-Right Conservatives can kidnap trans and LGBT kids from their loving and affirming parents and homes while falsely accusing the parents of being "groomers" and drive those LGBT kids to suicide and the courts will help them do it, rotten judges can overthrow abortion rights and get between women and their doctors and put their nose in women's private and personal decisions about their own bodies and health, radical-Right Republicans can murder black and brown people on the street and just get away with it, and an evil president can stage a terrorist attack on the capitol and incite violence on social media so his supporters will commit this terrorist attack and then still walk a free man after this. You know this to be true, you all witnessed it happening in the United-States in the last couple years and it's all over Youtube and other social media. :eek::fpalm:

And yet, the United-States claim moral superiority and wants to play world's police and US Americans think they get to play world's police with military force every time they want to, even when their interventions abroad are unwanted. And the folks in the United-States wonder why so many countries or so many people in other countries are disgusted with the United-States and condemn the United-States. The United-States need to clean their own backyard before they can lecture other countries about civil rights, human dignity and decency and before they can so much as think that they get to play world's police, that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not saying that all Americans are like that, I don't stereotype people like that, but a lot of them are like that, not all of them but a lot of them. And the ones that aren't? Well, Americans who aren't like that, could you maybe freaking pretty please clean up this mess and maybe stop those Right-Wing extremist savages who definitely ARE like that from invading other countries and contaminating other countries with their messed up radical ideologies?

I am so, so exhausted. So tired of being sick because of health issues and getting bad news like the ones I just mentioned above and being told to "chill" or "get over it" as if I was the problem, as if I'm supposed to put bells on my toes, plaster a phony plastic smile on my face and pretend to be happy all the time, pretend that life is all sunshine and daisies when the world is falling apart all around me and I just don't know what to do. I just want this to stop. I'm so exhausted. Not just physically, I'm also mentally and emotionally exhausted. We're going through dark times and a dark chapter of our history right now and I just keep wondering when or if things will ever get better. I'm so tired.

One of many angry and disgusted LGBT and pro-choice Canadian Center-Left Christians.

(PS) (Maybe the content of this post belongs in the Mature section of the forums. But I didn't know where to post it in an already existing thread there. And as for starting a new thread there, I didn't know how to even start a discussion about this, so I just posted it here in the "things that are on your mind" thread because this is what I have on my mind at the moment. Sorry if you think I didn't post this in the right place or if you think the post could have been a bit better, please be patient and compassionate, I'm sick and exhausted at the moment. I wish you all a good night.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom