• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Well finally went to the orthodontist this morning and got those chains tightened. It hurt for them to pull it tight and connect it to my braces with a string, but it went okay. Very sore now though, since in addition to that they replaced both wires on my top and bottom teeth. Oh and I have rubber bands in my mouth now, how fun.
It's a bit to get used to, especially now I can't open my mouth as big.
My mom had brought home some chips and salsa and I tried to bite into one of the chips (which are very thin btw) and that didn't go well. Gonna have to find something soft to eat tomorrow because the only thing I could eat this evening was oatmeal hah

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Well finally went to the orthodontist this morning and got those chains tightened. It hurt for them to pull it tight and connect it to my braces with a string, but it went okay. Very sore now though, since in addition to that they replaced both wires on my top and bottom teeth. Oh and I have rubber bands in my mouth now, how fun.
It's a bit to get used to, especially now I can't open my mouth as big.
My mom had brought home some chips and salsa and I tried to bite into one of the chips (which are very thin btw) and that didn't go well. Gonna have to find something soft to eat tomorrow because the only thing I could eat this evening was oatmeal hah
I remember braces. They suck.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I'm fascinated by American roots music, those being the blues, jazz, Native American tribal music, gospel, zydeco, and country music.

Because these genres really have roots deep in the history and culture of the United States, it's really difficult to put them in a framework of Western harmonic analysis. For example, country allows you to play the blues scale over a major triad, which sounds like on paper it doesn't work, but in practice it sounds great. Blues, largely the same thing, and jazz is a whole other level of harmonic analysis.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i have this one hair on my arm that is maybe 2 inches long, one time i cut it, one time i ripped it off by accident, but it always grows back and i dont know why. also, the shipper for ToTK arrived in the backroom today, i considered a selfie but i didnt want to get fired.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
One piece of advice I give to guitarists looking to improve their sound is to turn up their amplifiers and play louder.

It's for a few reasons.

First, if you play in a loud and aggressive form of music, like hard rock, metal, and punk, then louder volumes are definitely your friend.

Second, your technique changes when dealing with a loud amp, where any small movement can cause an explosion of sound. This forces you to reevaluate and reassess your technique, specifically your left and right hand muting techniques so that people only hear the notes you want them to hear, and no sympathetic vibrations from the other strings.

Third, there's a funny thing with amplifiers and master volumes. See, you'd expect the master volume to work like your car's stereo volume, where it just gets louder and louder in a linear fashion the more you crank up the volume.

But amplifier volumes don't necessarily behave this way, and depending on the amp, you can run into a situation where turning up the master volume won't actually make the amplifier louder.

Not only that, but depending on the amp, it may actually change its amplifier class, where it operates in Class A over much of the range of the master volume, and at the last bits, it starts operating in Class AB. This makes sense, as you get the best tone over the majority of the sweep of the master volume, and then the amplifier gives you the extra volume when you actually need it.

And not only that, depending on the type of amp, it may actually sound better and distort more the louder it is.

And finally, if you don't practice like this and don't have the experience of how your amp behaves at louder volumes, when it comes time for it to actually deliver, like in a band or recording situation, you will find out the hard way, very quickly how that amp behaves. Suppose you're in a band, and you're being drowned out. If you have an amp that's chucking out the most volume it can, and you need more volume, then turning up the master volume doesn't make the amp louder, then you have found out exactly the use case for that amp.

A lot of bedroom musicians are simply unaware of these variables, and don't realize that a lot of their gear is only appropriate for bedroom practice, and not serious gigging or recording.

Typically, when you warn them of this, they take it to mean that their rig is garbage. No. It's just not appropriate outside of playing by yourself in a bedroom.

So seriously, turn up the volume on your amps. Find out how it sounds and behaves at higher volumes. Also, get used to playing with loud amps to the point that any small movement will create noise. This will improve not only your sound, but your technique too.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
First and foremost the amount of pages that this thread has reached is 2112 pages (That's Awesome, especially since I am a Rush fan.)

Secondly I just watched the coronation of HM King Charles III on BritBox. It got me thinking I wonder what a Hylian Coronation would look like, where would it take place, and who would be invited? I always assumed it had something to do with The Seven Sages, dignitaries and celebrities from each one of Hyrule's diverse races, who knows maybe a descendant or even a previous incarnation of our good friend Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom