• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My mom is on vacation in Rhode Island for a few days and I've made it my mission to surprise her by cleaning out her craft corner while she's away. Lemme tell you... it's no easy task. There's like a million containers and a million drawers filled with things and then blocking off the entire corners is a tower of boxes and bags filled with miscellaneous hobby lobby purchases. Pretty sure I opened like 20 boxes that were all just card making material. I'm determined though, I have a friend coming Saturday to help me out. Hoping I can finish it all before she gets back that evening :sweating:

Things that are on my mind at the moment. As a matter of fact, yes, I do have things on my mind at the moment...

I feel so angry these days.

I feel angry and sad when I see things like this, gross injustices and human rights violations like this:

And that's just one or two examples. There are so many other injustices and atrocities going on on the American continent right now, they are everywhere, including on TV, on the radio, on the Internet, everywhere in the News.

Yes, I feel angry these days. I see; people suffering, gross injustices, human rights violations, racist hate crimes, endless wars based on lies (also military industrial complex worship and "hero" worship of the US military), child poverty, all-out assaults on women's rights to bodily autonomy and reproductive freedom and self-determination, radical-Right judges sitting on the "supreme" "court" and making millions of American women's medical decisions for them while supporting deadly abortion bans (as women and girls die from pregnancy complications or babies with fatal abnormalities in their brains and/or heart and/or lungs are forced to be born into this world so they can experience extreme suffering for an hour or two and struggle just so that they can breathe and then die an hour or two later in their mothers' arms which cause unecessary suffering to the mother and child when the most humane thing to do would be to let woman exercise her right to terminate the pregnancy to spare her baby and herself unecessary suffering), etc, etc.

I wish I could evacuate my anger, my frustration, and my sadness and I wish I could vent my rage on INANIMATED OBJECTS because I refuse to vent it on live human beings and I know that venting it on people would only make things worse.

People have found ways to evacuate their anger...

Working in demolition (you even get paid to smash stuff):

Anger rooms/smash therapy rooms (you can rent them for a fee to release stress and anger):

I wish I could work in demolition or rent one of those "rage rooms/smash therapy rooms" for a fee, that way I'd get to smash plates, fridges and televisions and vent my rage on INANIMATED OBJECTS to keep from venting it on live human beings (I would never harm another human being, except in self-defense, but just like every other human being I'm sometimes subjected to temptation when I see so many injustices happening out there and the culprits getting away with their horrific crimes against other human beings, and just because I don't harm human being physically doesn't mean that I don't have mood swings and that I don't yell at people sometimes which doesn't help anybody I know, but I'm just as flawed and imperfect as the next human being and I never claimed to be a saint).

I could vent all my pent-up rage on the inhumane treatment towards minorities, women and children on plates, fridges and televisions. I'm sure someone will joke that "the TV or plate probably had it coming" or something like that. But the thing is, venting your anger and rage on INANIMATED OBJECTS is harmless and doesn't hurt anybody. INANIMATED OBJECTS can't feel pain or die or hit you back. It's like venting your anger on a punching bag or punshing a pillow which are INANIMATED OBJECTS too. Sadly, as a disabled person, I'm UNABLE to work so I can't work in demolition and there's no "rage room/smash therapy room" in my area.

I feel so powerless. Powerless to do anything to help minorities, women and children who are subjected to inhumane treatment, abuse, human rights violations, gross injustices, hate crimes, etc. Feeling powerless sucks, even more so when you feel like your life has no meaning and serves no purpose, and that you just wish you could make a real difference somewhere in a couple people's lives, that's how I feel.

So, yes, I feel angry and sad and I don't know what to do about it, I really don't. Sometimes it's hard for me to get out of bed in the morning because I feel like I'm just powerless, watching bad and horrible things happen, people suffering at the hands of oppressive and merciless radical extremists, and feeling like there's nothing I can do. This is why so many people feel depressed these days and why there's a mental health crisis all over the American continent. Things like this is why. Because people feel powerless to change their situation and/or to help others change their situation.

I hope some of you understand where I come from and where I was going with this. It's always a relief when there's at least a few people who understands, who cares.

Take care,

Kat.

Edit:

I saw a bunch of radical-Right extremists say on a social media that women and girls shuld be subjected to the death penalty for the so-called "crime" of getting life-saving abortions.

That made me really angry. So I posted this comment (I wanted people to understand what it would be like if the genders were flipped/reversed):

(Quote) "How would men feel if they were forced to marry the person they got pregnant or forced to marry the women who drugged them and raped/sexually assaulted them and got pregnant from the rape? Should the government and the state you live in get involved? The government legislating men's sex organs and mandatory vasectomy as well?? I bet NOT! It's far less funny when the genders are reversed and when the shoe is on the other foot now is it, sirs?

So how freaking dare you legislate women's sex organs and uteruses and taking away a woman's right to control her own body? To the Conservatives out there who push for and/or support those deadly abortion bans (if the shoe fits...): Someday you will get your "karma". And when you do you'll regret the day that you were born. You will reap what you sowed. You will die alone and miserable and you will have been asking for it, you have no one to blame but yourselves..." (Unquote)

I got a ton of likes on this comment, and most of those likes were by women judging by the approving replies I got.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Not really leery of spoilers on Tears of the Kingdom per se but now that gameplay vids are starting to circle around, I think I want to dip from the content coverage. It's only like two more weeks, see if I can dodge it for that long.
I pretty much had the same thought, up until now I've been on top of news and things but this is the point where I'm getting spoiler weary. I know everything I feel I need to before launch.
(Also this is the first zelda game I'm playing without knowing the full story ahead of time and I'm so excited)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom