• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
In Mississippi just two days ago there was a large tornado that destroyed a lot of buildings and houses and killed people, 26 dead, there was one in Alabama, and also one in Tennessee, and now the governor of Georgia has called for a storm warning in worry that a tornado is gonna hit our state… I’m a bit scared and am worrying our state is gonna get hit too

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
In Mississippi just two days ago there was a large tornado that destroyed a lot of buildings and houses and killed people, 26 dead, there was one in Alabama, and also one in Tennessee, and now the governor of Georgia has called for a storm warning in worry that a tornado is gonna hit our state… I’m a bit scared and am worrying our state is gonna get hit too
tornadoes are beyond terrifying. I hope you have a storm shelter or basement. stay safe <3

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
We had one about 20 miles away last night. Luckily it pretty much only hit rural areas.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Our town got lucky, the closest tornado was around 40 miles away, but it was still hit with really strong winds. We were up at our uncle and aunt's house in Tennessee when it happened, so I don't know what damage could've been done to our house. Hopefully it's all fine, which is most likely. We don't have a lot of trees around our house, but there are two big ones close and if they fell over, they would land right across the roof. Guess we'll just have to see when we get back, we're leaving pretty soon this morning, it'll take around 5 hrs. The trees are thick and strong so I doubt they fell over, but the possibility still gets me a bit anxious. Hope the cats didn't get too scared by all the thunder and wind and stuff, really wish I was there to be with them and pet them

My dad's pawnshop, his employee called and said the roof sticking out on the porch area got damaged and pulled off and the main electricity cord got ripped/damaged from the strong winds sounds like. So the power doesn't work in the building anymore. Hopefully they can get it fixed really soon because we can't really afford to be out of business that long...

But yeah that is a bit scary darknut, I really hope it doesn't affect your area. And like meesh said, stay safe and make sure if it ever gets in your area either get in a shelter, basement, or a small room in your house that isn't on the outer wall, like a bathroom or a pantry. And take a bunch of pillows in the room with you to cover your head and protect you

If it makes you feel better, there have been a ton or tornado warnings in my area in the past, but all it ever ended up being was a storm with stronger winds than normal and that's it. Nothing dangerous.

I know the anxiety though, I also get scared when tornados are possible in my town

*hugs*

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Legitimately, I’m worried about this as well. In my part of the state, it is very windy right now.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
What exactly is the point of this? I thought a storm warning was for when there's an actual storm going on. Is it just to show "Hey look, I'm aware of what's going on,"?
I think it’s to show he cares and is prepared, telling the people about potential danger, from what I’ve seen of governor Brian Kemp of Georgia he seems to care a lot for people and families in his state, and he is wants to pitch in to help other states like Mississippi with the disaster that the tornado did to their state, after the disaster that the tornado did to Mississippi

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
What exactly is the point of this? I thought a storm warning was for when there's an actual storm going on. Is it just to show "Hey look, I'm aware of what's going on,"?
There IS an actual storm. It isn’t in Georgia at the moment, but it is highly possible for it to arrive. I have had to deal with these kinds of things before, and honestly, this type of early warning may have actually saved my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom