• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Gorozoron

wild ride
1674133427163.jpeg
the music make you lose control triangle is a zelda character
IThe Legend of Zelda: The Light of Courage is an alleged script of an animated movie based on The Legend of Zelda (specifically envisioned as The Movie to the DiC animated series) by IGN forum user Joe_Cracker . Joe_Cracker's attempts to pitch his script, which was itself of dubious quality, are a saga unto themselves, but several denizens of the forum got together, made some animations based directly on the script, and posted them on the internet. These shorts lift dialogue directly from the script, complete with syntactical and grammatical errors. The characters were rendered in a blocky, polygonal style with several animation errors kept in for humorous effect. This resulted in shorts that are pretty funny to watch on their own, but absolutely hilarious if one knows the saga behind them.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
my sweet marshall kitty had a scan done today to look for cancer. won’t get the results until tomorrow or monday. I’m going to be nauseous with anxiety until I get the call. please let him be okay :kawaii: here’s his cute face for now.

View attachment 69854
**update**
MARSHALL IS OKAY!!!! the vet just called, which I was not expecting at all. literally crying with happiness that he’s perfectly healthy other than a little tummy issue that he just needs special food for going forward.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Now I'm reading 1 page a day, not much at all but enough so I don't burn myself out again
i procrastinated for months on it, but if you just sit down and read it it should only take like 2 hours. it always sounds overwhelming but if you grab a drink and hunker down youll be through before you know it, and the test is a breeze if youve read the book the night before

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
i procrastinated for months on it, but if you just sit down and read it it should only take like 2 hours. it always sounds overwhelming but if you grab a drink and hunker down youll be through before you know it, and the test is a breeze if youve read the book the night before
Ngl I thought this was about the TP manga at first. Good advice tho, but idk if Oocoo's state works like that

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I got my full license when I was 17. What really helped me is to remember that if you apply common sense to the questions, you'll usually do okay and pass.

Also, in this modern day, your state's online practice tests are a great way to prepare yourself for the test. While I got my license at age 17, my state's online resources were close to nonexistent in 2007, so we had to read the manual, as well as take classes. So I didn't have that resource. I'd say take advantage of it.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
What really helped me was honestly taking like practice tests online for my state. It helps to see how those questions are phrased and know what to expect in that regard. It made reviewing a bit more doable for all these years I had to renew my permit...
Yeah I took a bunch of those and I was better with them than the packet. My mom isn't going to let me take the test until I read it though, so I should probably take L&M's advice and just do it. I can read 500 page books in a day, I can read a packet :sweating:
The nice thing though is that the Connecticut DMV actually has an app that's just the practice quizzes so once I schedule my test date I'll download it and do a bunch. According to my friends the questions are practically word for word same as the test.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Saw a tweet asking what was your fave channel "at its peak" between Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. It got me thinking about how fsr I never liked Disney channel as a whole. I only ever cared about Phineas and Ferb, watched re-runs of Suite of Zack and Cody, and briefly watched Suite Life on Deck, but mainly it was just Phineas and Ferb that I liked. I guess I did watch the Clone Wars animated series too, but I never felt like I strongly liked it.

Nickelodeon was really good from the late 90's to the mid 2000's. I loved Spongebob, as you all already know, lol. Hey Arnold and Wild Thornberrys were kind of mid tier for me, but still good. I loved Rugrats, All Grown Up, Drake and Josh, The Fairy Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. Most of those shows ended, except Fairy Oddparents and Spongebob, but they both eventually took a major dip in quality. I feel like after like 2009 I was just watching Nick so I could see re-runs of the episodes I liked of Spongebob, Fairy Oddparents, and Jimmy Neutron. When they did re-runs of Avatar too I appreciated it since that felt rare after a point.

Cartoon Network consistenly felt like it had good shows, and even after those shows ended, always seemed to be replaced by new shows that interested me. I loved the era of Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ben 10, Kids Next Door, and Teen Titans, to name just a few. Also I loved Toonami for Dragon Ball Z in the evenings and Inuyasha in the early mornings. Then Chowder came along, the Marvelous Misadventures of Flap Jack too. Chowder lasted up until like 2010 and then Adventure Time came along and I ended up liking it. The Amazing World of Gumball as well kept me engaged. For awhile it was just those two mainly. I did end up watching Teen Titans Go, which I felt was ok for what it was going for (maybe a hot take). I did watch a few episodes of the first season of Steven Universe, and if I had kept up with TV at the time I think I would have ended up continuing to watch it.

The take away is Cartoon Network was my fave and I find that interesting because as a kid I would have said Nickelodeon was by far my fave channel.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Nickelodeon was really good from the late 90's to the mid 2000's. I loved Spongebob, as you all already know, lol. Hey Arnold and Wild Thornberrys were kind of mid tier for me, but still good. I loved Rugrats, All Grown Up, Drake and Josh, The Fairy Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. Most of those shows ended, except Fairy Oddparents and Spongebob, but they both eventually took a major dip in quality. I feel like after like 2009 I was just watching Nick so I could see re-runs of the episodes I liked of Spongebob, Fairy Oddparents, and Jimmy Neutron. When they did re-runs of Avatar too I appreciated it since that felt rare after a point.
my own bias but I might call 2004-5 peak for Nick, the shows that you mentioned for the mid 2000s were still going on strong for the most part, but also add in the beginnings of Danny Phantom then Avatar, it was one heck of a time

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom