• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Spent most of this afternoon/evening working late and helping dig through some code to find an issue that needed to be fixed by tomorrow - Christmas is a pretty busy time.

Work also sent out a note today that they've cemented their work from anywhere policy to allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 8 weeks each year (in addition to the 4 weeks of annual leave). Since Japan is almost the same timezone as Australia I think I could utilise a policy like that pretty nicely.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Not meant to be a downer, just a kind of weird observation. It didn't always happen, but I do remember getting sick around Christmas/New Years pretty often when I was younger. Being sick the last few days had me thinking about that.

The one I remember the most was one Christmas when I was around 12 years old where a bad sinus headache crept up on me right after Christmas dinner. I had to go lay in bed and I missed out on my whole family deciding to meet up and go bowling, which sounded fun.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I really really hate the current story arc in the show I'm watching right now. It's awful, and I don't enjoy watching it. I'm only like 50 episodes away from the ending, and I want (and plan) to finish it, but looking at the thumbnail images for each episode it looks like this story arc carries through the rest of the series. Maybe other people like it, but I just feel like it's taking the fun out of the show for me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Jims, your post about giving a shoutout to people who are lonely couldn't be timed better. I took my sister to a diner with mr Vee and friends. She was not in a good mood lately and this evening definitely cheered her up. Our friends are lovely people who make people always feel comfortable and allow them to be themselves around them. So yeah even the smallest of things can brighten people's day :D

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
My thoughts are with people who were affected by the massive storm in Buffalo. I'm lucky to live in a state that does not get snow unless you are in the mountains and we have had good weather here lately but it's crazy how destructive weather can be.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Recently my mom wanted to get rid of a reclining chair in our living room so she let me bring it up to my room. So now I have a super cozy chair to sit in while I game instead of laying on my bed. Probably much better for my back this way and also I heard its better for your sleep if your bed is only for sleeping. So, cool. I use my weighted blanket with the chair more than I do for sleeping now. I also ordered a small table to put next to it so I can put my stuff down while I'm setting up the chair. Gaming has never been so comfortable. :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I had a really great Christmas! BF came to visit, we drove 14 hours through severe winter conditions to be with my family, then we got to experience a Santa Claus Christmas morning together from the adult perspective for the first time. Following this was a great dinner at my sister's house with my other sister visiting with her kids, and then another dinner with many more kids at my Aunt's house the day after.

The weather conditions made for a terrifying drive and visiting a small tourist village two days after Christmas was a big mistake as we were stuck in traffic for almost 3 hours. But overall I wouldn't change anything. Best Christmas in at least 3 years without any doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom