• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I've made it my goal in life to keep everyone around me happy, even if it means I don't get to be. Seeing my friends happy is way more important to me than anything else, and I don't know if that will ever change.

That's definitely a noble goal to keep everyone around you happy, but don't give up on yourself! I had a recent endeavor that ended up not working out a few months ago and I am still bitter about it. But I decided that I will go at it again. I will go farther this time because I know better about what to expect and I have learned a thing or two from my mistakes. If that does not work, I will try the next best thing. Just don't give up!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Right now, I'm just enamored with the lute, and Renaissance lute music, and this Renaissance piece first composed by English lute composer, John Dowland called "Lachrimae Pavan," in English, "Flow My Tears."

The contrapuntal nature is just enamoring, and I have to learn this piece. I don't own a lute, unfortunately.

Turns out, I can tune my acoustic guitar's G string down to F# and capo it on the 2nd fret to get close to the sound of a 6 course lute. Now to learn this piece...

I'm probably just gonna settle on Flickr. I've been meaning to put my photos on there anyway but I'm kinda glad I never posted any of my photos on Twitter (with the exception of my profile banner) cuz if there's some dumb risk for privacy issues due to the thing™ then Twitter doesn't deserve to host any creative works whatsoever.

Artstation might be an option worth considering if you haven't looked into it, though, SMS. It can kind of double as a portfolio depending on how you organize your art and stuff.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm probably just gonna settle on Flickr. I've been meaning to put my photos on there anyway but I'm kinda glad I never posted any of my photos on Twitter (with the exception of my profile banner) cuz if there's some dumb risk for privacy issues due to the thing™ then Twitter doesn't deserve to host any creative works whatsoever.

Artstation might be an option worth considering if you haven't looked into it, though, SMS. It can kind of double as a portfolio depending on how you organize your art and stuff.
Oh yeah I did make an Artsation a years ago but I didn't post on it much, I could probably post there more, and I did like its portfolio type layout.

I still will make the Facebook account if I need to, exclusively for Switch screenshot posting because its faster than the QR code thing.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
finally decided to cut a toxic family member out of my life, and people don’t get it. I’ve been going back and forth on this decision for years, but I know I’m making the right choice. just because someone is family, doesn’t mean they deserve to be forgiven. family members can do awful things and be s*** people, too.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
finally decided to cut a toxic family member out of my life, and people don’t get it. I’ve been going back and forth on this decision for years, but I know I’m making the right choice. just because someone is family, doesn’t mean they deserve to be forgiven. family members can do awful things and be s*** people, too.
My friend cut his dad out a few years ago and hes kinda better for it tbh...

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
the trailer for finding paradise on switch was on my recommendations on youtube, so I just watched it because I liked the style of graphics that were shown. just a 2 minute video and I was literally tearing up. still not sure what the game is exactly, but the trailer hit me in the feels.

*edit- okay, I just read what the game is about and now I understand why I wanted to cry. NONONO. I will not be playing that game after all. just reading the game’s description made me go into a depressive state. don’t do it guys, I’m warning ya

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
After not hearing from him in months, my blood brother randomly called me today. We talked for like an hour straight, it really caught me by surprise though cus we did not get along well in our teen years at all. In fact he was pretty downright awful to the whole family, but especially me in particular, which had a pretty big impact on my self esteem among other things. The day after he turned 18 he moved out to live with his friend's family cus he really just couldn't stand us despite my parent's best efforts to keep him happy. But I guess the real world has put things into perspective for him, cus near the end of the call he actually apologized for the way he treated me back in the day, like a serious apology, and really stressed that he hoped he hadn't affected me too much in the long run. Which was really nice to hear, I don't hold too big of a grudge against him but still it felt like a weight had sort of been lifted off my shoulders.
Somewhat related tangent, my brother has been aggressively homophobic for years, and I mean incredibly strong about it. To the point where I've had lots of people tell me "he's probably gay/bi in denial" and I've always gotten a laugh out of that cus it's pretty unimaginable if you know him, but whatddya know, today he happened to mention that he believes "everyone is somewhat bisexual" and i'm just like Screenshot_20221123_085726.png damn those mfs were right!
Funny story he told me tho, back in high school his best friend and him would roughhouse and goof off physically, sit next to each other on the bus, etc, and cus that's i guess not typical for guys a lot of people thought they were a couple. to the point where this friend was telling him stuff like "we can't be sitting by each other all the time, we have to stop goofing off like that" and while my brother was surprisingly unbothered by what others thought of them this friend was hyperfixated on not wanting to seem gay under any circumstances. well my bro got a random text from him the other day after not talking in months, probably years, saying 1) "i had a dream and you died in it" and 2) that he's trans now and has moved across the country to be with her furry boyfriend. My my, how the turn tables...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom