• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I once again got my application for a zine rejected. I'm not discouraged, just a little disappointed at myself. Like, I can see a lot of improvement in my work, and I know what my work needs to get better, I need to spend more time fine tuning in the rendering portion, but for some reason that part is the one I dislike the most about the digital art process. Idk what it is, like there is some weird disconnect going on. I can stay engaged with real paints on paper or canvas, but blending out in digital feels less engaging somehow. Idk, but that's what's on my mind.

Kevin Conroy, the definitive voice of Batman, passed away on November 10, 2022, at 66 years old from cancer. Knowing he's gone makes me feel like a major piece of my childhood died and went with him. This man defined Batman when I was a kid growing up in the early 2000s, I hear his voice whenever I read anything having to do with Batman. I hear his voice when I imagine Batman. This is as devasting as the loss of Stan Lee and Adam West.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's always good to remember that many of the things you are stressing about won't even matter in two days,
even more won't matter in two weeks,
more again in two months,
who even knows what you'll have to worry about in two years,
you'll likely be an almost entirely different person in two decades,
and in two centuries all of your worries will be long gone.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've been thinking a lot lately about how everything I have tried to do in my life has led to failure. It's as if it's my destiny to do nothing but fail. Job searches, promotions, keeping friends, family ties, hell even my relationship is likely going to be over very soon.

And it's ok. I've accepted that. Some things just aren't meant to be.

I've made it my goal in life to keep everyone around me happy, even if it means I don't get to be. Seeing my friends happy is way more important to me than anything else, and I don't know if that will ever change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom