• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

No worries. Some things are just super difficult to communicate and/or articulate. And being passionate about something that is difficult to talk about definitely sucks. Sometimes you can find some people to talk to about those more personal things but it's hard to out in the open. But I hope ZD can continue to be a fun place for you to hang out and chat, regardless.
Thank you for being understanding. I will continue to use the site, as like I said, most of you have been great. Again, thank you for being understanding.

So, I'm back at my dad's...

He left a wasp out for me. For context, he found a dying wasp in the house last week (incidentally on the year anniversary Marshmallow died; something symbolic to be interpreted from that maybe). But anyway, I just got a look at the wasp. It's a weird wasp. It's probably too dead at this point for me to really manipulate it (I wouldn't be comfortable doing that anyway cuz I'd probably break his legs or something) but... it actually looks like it was half-male, half-female. I dont think it's fully bilateral (and no way to know without trying to find a stinger lmao), but the antennae and face have a very distinct line of the male and female traits. Might try to get some pictures of it later.

So, I'm back at my dad's...

He left a wasp out for me. For context, he found a dying wasp in the house last week (incidentally on the year anniversary Marshmallow died; something symbolic to be interpreted from that maybe). But anyway, I just got a look at the wasp. It's a weird wasp. It's probably too dead at this point for me to really manipulate it (I wouldn't be comfortable doing that anyway cuz I'd probably break his legs or something) but... it actually looks like it was half-male, half-female. I dont think it's fully bilateral (and no way to know without trying to find a stinger lmao), but the antennae and face have a very distinct line of the male and female traits. Might try to get some pictures of it later.
This may be an incredibly long, long shot, but was Marshmallow a dog? My mom used to own two chihuahuas, one named Marshmallow, the other Guacamole, but she had to get rid of Marshmallow, because she was too aggressive, especially to my mom's other pets, and she gave Guac up to the same people who took in Marshmallow because they were from the same litter, and it "felt cruel to separate them now".

The reason I bring this up, is because my mom accidentally deleted the text conversation that had the new owners' cell number, so my mom was never able to get updates on them. She cried about that for about a week straight.

So yeah, long shot, but I have to try nonetheless.

Marshmallow was a wasp I had as a pet for awhile last fall. He became a minor ZD celebrity at the time so I didn't clarify, but yeah he was a wasp. His wings were broken and he couldn't fly.

That sucks about the dogs though. I don't have any experience with that sort of thing but I would assume if it was handled through a shelter or however the paperwork got done to transfer ownership, they would have their number on file?

Marshmallow was a wasp I had as a pet for awhile last fall. He became a mild ZD celebrity at the time so I didn't clarify, but yeah he was a wasp. His wings were broken and couldn't fly.

That sucks about the dogs though. I don't have any experience with that sort of thing but I would assume if it was handled through a shelter or however the paperwork got done to transfer ownership, they would have their number on file?
Ah, I see. I don't actually know how my mom got in contact with the new owners, but I don't think it was through a shelter. It was probably on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace if that existed at the time, as my mom is really poor, and needed to rehome them sooner than later, ie, sell them for cheap.

She had just gained a kitten from seemingly nowhere (it was supposed to be her boyfriend's kitten, he couldn't have cats at his apartment, left her with my mom, and told my mom to keep her when they broke up, so yeah).

Also, I had just recently regained the dog that broke me of my phobia of dogs, that we initially had to get rid of because we had two dogs when I was a kid, and landlord randomly decided they didn't want us to have 2. I had the insight to call my grandma, who lived 5 minutes away, while in tears, to take her in, and no grandma can say no to crying grandchild. Anyways, Molly (my dog) was not a fighter, and would be picked on by Marshmallow. She was a Yorkie/Pekinese mix, so also a toy breed.

But I'm rambling at this point. Anyways, thanks for letting me know.

My turtle (actually my mom's, but he won't stop attacking her other turtles, so he had to be separated, and is now residing in my room,) won't stop messing with his filter, and the homemade sun bathing area (the turtle needs to be mostly above water for periods of time, while under direct heat, like from a special lamp).

It's getting annoying, but honestly, I'm impressed that he's learned to do these things. Specifically, he scrapes his back on the sun bathing area by pushing one of the "legs" away from the wall of the tank, and he learned he can make the filter make more noise by tilting it.

Freaking annoying smart turtle.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Hi all im new to ZD forums.

Things on my mind? My wives due date was yesterday so my thoughts have been on becoming a Dad.

Is it weird my first thought is getting excited about introducing kid to Mario and Zelda?
Howdy, good to have ya! Wind Waker is popular around here, you should fit right in! And as for your question, nah, one of our members here, @Ninja had the same experience with his daughter recently!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hi all im new to ZD forums.

Things on my mind? My wives due date was yesterday so my thoughts have been on becoming a Dad.

Is it weird my first thought is getting excited about introducing kid to Mario and Zelda?
First off, welcome welcome!

Secondly, congrats!!

Thirdly, absolutely not and in fact I encourage that 100%. Best of luck with being a cool Zelda dad! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom