• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I can't understand how so many people eat greasy, fried fast food so often.

I feel so bad after eating cheap fast food. I can barely finish it, especially if I'm in the car. On the youth trip in July we were on a big bus and we stopped to get breakfast. The leaders came back with a bunch of mcdonald's sausage biscuits. Just biscuit and sausage. Just by looking at it, I knew I would get sick if I ate the whole thing. I took a tiny bite of the bread. Immediately I felt bad. I tried once more, this time with some sausage, but that made it even worse. I could feel the grease coating all over it. Eck. I was very close to getting sick for the next 30 mins to an hour. It got so bad I had a bag with me just in case. Luckily nothing happened. After that I realize greasy stuff goes not agree with my stomach. At all.

But yesterday I got some chicken tenders from Jack's thinking maybe it'll be different this time, but I could barely eat one strip before feeling bad. I ate all the fries though, they're not especially greasy. But the breading is just, bleghhh
I'll gobble up something like stir fry with rice, or just rice, (I love rice), but I have to eat fast food slowly or my stomach gets mad at me haha

Same thing goes for soda. Barely drink it. After drinking a 1/4 of the can I'm already feeling this weird full feeling that isn't pleasant. I'm not actually full, but the soda makes my stomach feel that way. Not fun. Plus I'm just not really into soda in general. The only one I like is cream soda, but I savor the flavor and don't drink it all at once. Just a few sips here and there. I mostly drink water.

I not a super health obsessed person though. I eat my fair share of junk food and sweets. But grease is just the worst. I'm sensitive to it I guess. But yeah, I can't understand how people can eat multiple greasy foods a day or more than one soda a day. It doesn't help that the South basically fries everything in sight lol

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
basically answered your own question there, people who can aren't sensitive to it, shoot I'm sure more people wish their stomachs were sensitive to fast food, grease bad

well, uh, yeah I guess I did haha
I think more of what I meant was I'm kinda in disbelief more people don't get an upset stomach eating the same things I try to eat. That's a better way to explain it. From my perspective, eating a greasy fried chicken sandwich is the last thing I'd want to do, so to see so many people eating it without a problem and actually enjoying it is a bit shocking to me. I can understand the reasons why, but it's still a bit shocking nonetheless

And yeah, I'm not complaining that I'm sensitive to grease. I'm actually glad at times because it helps me lessen the amount of fast food I eat. I don't eat much of it, but when I do I try not to get something fried. Though sometimes as I've said, I see maybe if it's different, but yeah nope lol

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
well, uh, yeah I guess I did haha
I think more of what I meant was I'm kinda in disbelief more people don't get an upset stomach eating the same things I try to eat. That's a better way to explain it. From my perspective, eating a greasy fried chicken sandwich is the last thing I'd want to do, so to see so many people eating it without a problem and actually enjoying it is a bit shocking to me. I can understand the reasons why, but it's still a bit shocking nonetheless

And yeah, I'm not complaining that I'm sensitive to grease. I'm actually glad at times because it helps me lessen the amount of fast food I eat. I don't eat much of it, but when I do I try not to get something fried. Though sometimes as I've said, I see maybe if it's different, but yeah nope lol
I get this lol, not with the fried food stuff but a lot of times I can understand the appeal of something but sometimes there's things people do and I just don't see the appeal

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I get this lol, not with the fried food stuff but a lot of times I can understand the appeal of something but sometimes there's things people do and I just don't see the appeal

yep that was exactly what I was trying to say.

From your reaction I assume you enjoy fried stuff? That's fine! I'm glad you get to get enjoy it, I didn't write my post to criticize people to who eat it or anything, that's the last thing I want to do, just recording my thoughts on my sensitivity haha

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
yep that was exactly what I was trying to say.

From your reaction I assume you enjoy fried stuff? That's fine! I'm glad you get to get enjoy it, I didn't write my post to criticize people to who eat it or anything, that's the last thing I want to do, just recording my thoughts on my sensitivity haha
Yeah I could tell your intention, you were obviously just confused. And tbh, I do enjoy it but I have a weak ish stomach so sometimes it ddoesn't take much for me to overeat.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
My brother has left for college

And strangely, I’m not as sad as I thought I’d be. I’m really happy and proud for him and I’m excited to see him hopefully become a philosopher. Also proud of him, and hope he does great things.

It’s weird. It feels like the house would be so different without him… but it feels the same.

Anyway, yeah. Very proud of him, and hope he goes to do great things

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Dodged a bullet this morning

Got to work unlocked the doors, turned off the alarms and went to put my keys back in my wallet. My wallet wasn’t in my pocket anymore though so I spent the last hour looking for it. Turns out it was outside. I guess it fell out when I took my keys out of my pocket. That would have been bad if it was stolen because both of my debit cards, my Id, and my social security card are in there.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I can't understand how so many people eat greasy, fried fast food so often.

I feel so bad after eating cheap fast food. I can barely finish it, especially if I'm in the car. On the youth trip in July we were on a big bus and we stopped to get breakfast. The leaders came back with a bunch of mcdonald's sausage biscuits. Just biscuit and sausage. Just by looking at it, I knew I would get sick if I ate the whole thing. I took a tiny bite of the bread. Immediately I felt bad. I tried once more, this time with some sausage, but that made it even worse. I could feel the grease coating all over it. Eck. I was very close to getting sick for the next 30 mins to an hour. It got so bad I had a bag with me just in case. Luckily nothing happened. After that I realize greasy stuff goes not agree with my stomach. At all.

But yesterday I got some chicken tenders from Jack's thinking maybe it'll be different this time, but I could barely eat one strip before feeling bad. I ate all the fries though, they're not especially greasy. But the breading is just, bleghhh
I'll gobble up something like stir fry with rice, or just rice, (I love rice), but I have to eat fast food slowly or my stomach gets mad at me haha

Same thing goes for soda. Barely drink it. After drinking a 1/4 of the can I'm already feeling this weird full feeling that isn't pleasant. I'm not actually full, but the soda makes my stomach feel that way. Not fun. Plus I'm just not really into soda in general. The only one I like is cream soda, but I savor the flavor and don't drink it all at once. Just a few sips here and there. I mostly drink water.

I not a super health obsessed person though. I eat my fair share of junk food and sweets. But grease is just the worst. I'm sensitive to it I guess. But yeah, I can't understand how people can eat multiple greasy foods a day or more than one soda a day. It doesn't help that the South basically fries everything in sight lol

Some of my family has had issues with their gallbladder and had to have it removed. And after doing so they can't tolerate greasy stuff super well either. I guess a lot of it just comes down to how your body is. I can eat basically anything and it doesn't really bother my stomach. The only thing that I've found does give me stomach aches is chocolate milk. Which is funny because I can tolerate chocolate and I can tolerate milk. But something about the two together just doesn't settle well with my stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom