• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Only way to get legit Elder Cheese Wedge here on Skyrim Earth...

Anyway, I was back to thinking about different dimensions for my story and I ended up watching a video with a Physicist talking about about Branes. In string theory, dimensions exist separate from each other but connected by something like a string. It's illustrated like pieces of paper next to each other, which shows how the physics of a dimension or brane is self contained and doesn't work in a way that influences others. It was also mentioned that it's believed the physics of a different dimension probably have to be similar to the core physics of our dimension, but it could be that they appear differently. So the way mass and various kinds of particles work could be different.

I've now realized I'm not exactly interested in establishing an entirely new dimension in this story because I don't want to spend time trying to explain how a new dimension functions or how it might look. And even if I went the route of it is a new dimension, but it's basically a dimension just like ours, it'd be rather pointless. This route is also just a lazy execution of a plot point, because there are a lot of unique things that could be done to use the idea to its fullest potential.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I’m going to a 1970s themed party tonight, gotta duck out and find an appropriate outfit in time since I don’t have much 1970s fashion laying around at home.
I hope you're having a great time Jims!

@Azure Sage I hope both your mom and grandmom are going to recover fully! Keep us updated

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
@Azure Sage I hope both your mom and grandmom are going to recover fully! Keep us updated
Things are more mind-numbingly frustrating than they are bad, honestly. Grandmother's already back and doing better, we were told she had a severe reaction to the covid meds she was taking because they arent supposed to mix with her blood pressure meds.

What's frustrating is that both she and my mom are not quarantining themselves. They're doing their normal routine despite both being infected. I told mom to stop wandering the house when she has covid and she told me to stop telling her what to do. Cannot make that **** up. You would think watching her mother go to the ER would inspire some, I dunno, some ****ing common sense, but nope. Some people's selfish entitlement is just beyond help.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Things are more mind-numbingly frustrating than they are bad, honestly. Grandmother's already back and doing better, we were told she had a severe reaction to the covid meds she was taking because they arent supposed to mix with her blood pressure meds.

What's frustrating is that both she and my mom are not quarantining themselves. They're doing their normal routine despite both being infected. I told mom to stop wandering the house when she has covid and she told me to stop telling her what to do. Cannot make that **** up. You would think watching her mother go to the ER would inspire some, I dunno, some ****ing common sense, but nope. Some people's selfish entitlement is just beyond help.
Woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and stuffy nose. Tested myself and now I have it too. God ****ing damn it. That's two weeks of pay gone now. I literally do everything right to protect myself and her ****ing nonsense got me infected. This is so goddamn unfair.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Had to go home early on my first day of work because I wasn't feeling well. Idk if this happens to anybody else, but I hate when I feel totally miserable and the second I get home I'm fine. Like, I swear I was just dying! Honestly, it was horrible!
that happens tome all the time!!!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Had to go home early on my first day of work because I wasn't feeling well. Idk if this happens to anybody else, but I hate when I feel totally miserable and the second I get home I'm fine. Like, I swear I was just dying! Honestly, it was horrible!
I had a thing at a job once where I felt on the verge of throwing up and was about to ask to go home, spent some time in the restroom and was able to go through the rest of the day, didn't even throw up

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
the band Blue love warehouses i only realised this recently as they seem to put most of their vids in warehouses....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Working on a church. Yes, I literally am creating a church. It's from plastic fabric. I use yarn to decorate the chairs etc and after finishing the bloody windows I'm stitching together the walls. That's only 1 part. Part 2 is roof, tower, bells and clock. But it's going to be so cool when it's finished. However right now creating the church is a hell of a job :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom