• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Listening to Pink Floyd's song "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" all parts again, and I heard a vewwy interesting chord.

Specifically, during the saxophone solo, and the slide guitar solo later on we have an Eb7 chord, which moves to a D chord, which then moves to Gm. Now, the song's firmly in the key of G minor, so the two most important chords in G minor are Gm, that's the Tonic, duh, and D or D7, that's the Dominant in G minor.

Now, when I hear them go to Eb in the bass, and the chord I hear over that is an Eb7 chord, that creates a very interesting chord, and has some interesting harmony.

So, the notes in an Eb7 chord are Eb, G, Bb, and Db.

Now, as those notes relate to G minor, our key, those notes are:

Eb = minor sixth.
G = root/Tonic.
Bb = minor third.

So the only note that's chromatic in that is Db, which would be a tritone.

So you have Db resolving up to D, and you have Eb resolving down to D, forming the basic foundation of a D maj chord or D7 chord, which is the V chord, which points us back to Gm, our home chord.

So that Db is really a #4 and that Eb is really a b6, and both resolve towards D at the same time.

That makes that Eb7 chord in the song an augmented sixth chord, specifically, a German augmented sixth chord, because the minor third, Bb, is in the chord.

Such chords are heard all over the place in classical music, and rarely heard in popular music, especially rock.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
You know, for someone born in late 2000s, I kinda think about what life was like for people older than me that I’m friends with, because mom is friends with them, with their nostalgia and what their experiences were like for things they liked like for how I feel about the Wii and the stuff I grew up with.

Or just what was different at all. Sometimes I imagine myself and how I would be if I was suddenly 23 and what would feel different or what I liked. After meeting them and older members here, I kinda wonder for some reason

When I was a kid, I tended to get along much better with people much older than me than people in my own age group as well. But I think it means there's like a level of maturity that you possess, that you also seek in the relationships you have. Kinda like being an old soul maybe.

If you're curious about interests, you're free to ask though. I mean, I'm not a kid now, but fads and stuff I imagine are the most immediate change to shifts in interest prolly. But if you're passionate about something, you don't necessarily grow out of passion. Maybe the way you interact with your passions, though. I keep to my interest bubble more out of anxiety, rather than waving my cane like urrutiap, at least.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
You know, for someone born in late 2000s, I kinda think about what life was like for people older than me that I’m friends with, because mom is friends with them, with their nostalgia and what their experiences were like for things they liked like for how I feel about the Wii and the stuff I grew up with.

Or just what was different at all. Sometimes I imagine myself and how I would be if I was suddenly 23 and what would feel different or what I liked. After meeting them and older members here, I kinda wonder for some reason
If you wanna know, just ask.

You might get a lot of, "Back in my day" kinda rants and a lot of an old man yelling at clouds, but it could give some insight.

it_was_me_all_along_rcrrw9.jpg

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
If you wanna know, just ask.

You might get a lot of, "Back in my day" kinda rants and a lot of an old man yelling at clouds, but it could give some insight.
I know, but I don’t know, my mom’s friends are kind of hard to talk to for some reason. I just get nervous and anxious around them for some reason whenever they come to our house to have dinner together or chat I have a hard time talking to them

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I know, but I don’t know, my mom’s friends are kind of hard to talk to for some reason. I just get nervous and anxious around them for some reason whenever they come to our house to have dinner together or chat I have a hard time talking to them
I was referring us and the older members here, lol.

I too understand being shy around people you don't relate with, totally understandable.

This is why light heartedness helps.

For example, I'm of the age where I was told to get off the internet, because someone needed to make a phone call.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs

let's go back to the days of circuit city

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I was referring us and the older members here, lol.

I too understand being shy around people you don't relate with, totally understandable.

This is why light heartedness helps.

For example, I'm of the age where I was told to get off the internet, because someone needed to make a phone call.
Well, if I ever have questions, I’ll be sure too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom