• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Goes for a lot of "exotic pets"...
Agreed.

I just have a soft spot for reptiles, because even with some lizards that are common to own, many people get them without realizing what they're getting into, leading to them not getting the proper care.

Same with snakes for that matter.

I also love cats, but you won't see me owning a tiger. No way I'm going toe-to-toe with a tiger. I'm not Kazuma Kiryu, no matter how much I was I was.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Is Coming To Steam Next Month – The Outerhaven

I think the case in less educated people getting those kinds of pets is an issue of innocent curiosity interfering with being able to respect the animal. They stop viewing it as a living thing with needs, and rather a novelty toy essentially. No matter the animal, you need to respect it and know what it could be capable of. And if it's not going to receive adequate care in captivity under you then don't adopt it. If it's better off in someone else's care or in its native habitat around others of its kind, then don't adopt it.

There are of course people who keep large predatory animals and care for them well, but I assure you they have a huge level of respect for their animal. These are experienced people who are able to satisfy its needs and take extra steps and precautions. They communicate with their animal and, in those tragic situations, be able to read if there is anything off about its behavior. They will always have those instincts and remain opportunistic, and even common pets have the tendency to know when their owner lowers their guard--but in those cases, it's stuff that we consider cute or goofy like a dog stealing all the treats, and not sizing up their irresponsible owner.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I think the case in less educated people getting those kinds of pets is an issue of innocent curiosity interfering with being able to respect the animal. They stop viewing it as a living thing with needs, and rather a novelty toy essentially. No matter the animal, you need to respect it and know what it could be capable of. And if it's not going to receive adequate care in captivity under you then don't adopt it. If it's better off in someone else's care or in its native habitat around others of its kind, then don't adopt it.

There are of course people who keep large predatory animals and care for them well, but I assure you they have a huge level of respect for their animal. These are experienced people who are able to satisfy its needs and take extra steps and precautions. They communicate with their animal and, in those tragic situations, be able to read if there is anything off about its behavior. They will always have those instincts and remain opportunistic, and even common pets have the tendency to know when their owner lowers their guard--but in those cases, it's stuff that we consider cute or goofy like a dog stealing all the treats, and not sizing up their irresponsible owner.
Exactly.

For example, I love varanids (monitor lizards). I think they're fascinating, eerily intelligent, and very powerful lizards, that may or may not have inspired stories of real dragons (like St. George and the Dragon).

But I do not recommend owning them as pets. They're quite aggressive, territorial, they have a nasty set of claws and teeth, along with venom that burns, on top of a powerful tail that can feel like you got hit by a bullwhip.

Going away from exotic animals, many people get Siberian Huskies, a breed I love, because of how they look. Then they complain they howl all the time, chew up furniture, escape from the backyard, and so on.

Then I'd ask, "Well how many walks have you taken them on, and for how long?" And 99.9% if the time I get, "Well, only once a week around the block."

Don't get a dog that's basically on turbo mode all the time if you ain't ready for 8 mile walks DAILY.

Respect animals and their needs. At least, that's why I had the concern for the guy keeping a rattlesnake as a pet, few are qualified to provide for the needs of a rattlesnake.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Ever since I started listening to Galneryus, I feel like I've been lied to. I always thought metal had to have some form of harsh vocals in it, like yelling and stuff, but Galneryus has none of that. His vocals are actually really smooth and clear. I was so surprised when I found out they were a metal band. I honestly thought they were rock.

It turns out it's the guitar riffs and instruments that qualify it to be metal. And I love the way they play the guitar in their songs, so I guess like instrumental metal at least haha

But yeah, that band gave me a new perspective on metal. The genre's a lot more diverse than I thought.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ever since I started listening to Galneryus, I feel like I've been lied to. I always thought metal had to have some form of harsh vocals in it, like yelling and stuff, but Galneryus has none of that. His vocals are actually really smooth and clear. I was so surprised when I found out they were a metal band. I honestly thought they were rock.

It turns out it's the guitar riffs and instruments that qualify it to be metal. And I love the way they play the guitar in their songs, so I guess like instrumental metal at least haha

But yeah, that band gave me a new perspective on metal. The genre's a lot more diverse than I thought.
Oh wait what? In my mind, harsh screamo vocals were what separated rock and metal.

Not familiar with that band/artist, but there are tons of ballads in metal, even among bands that normally play more aggressive stuff. A lot of emerging bands I think are a little afraid to be more melodic in fear that they won't be "heavy" enough, but the genre is pretty massive with all sorts of sounds and fusions.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello

Metal music ranges from super light metal to super heavy. This is probably @TheGreatCthulhu area of expertise but I personally don't really like metal that gets too heavy, but I love rock and lighter metal. There's an in-universe league of legends band called Pentakill for example and even though they're metal some of their stuff is pretty light and I enjoy it a lot
Some other examples of bands that could be considered light metal I'd say are ACDC and Guns N Roses, two bands I also enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom