• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I actually saw a video on this once, they had a Batman movie once where the actor was wearing eyeshadow under the mask and had to take it off in once scene so they cut as he was taking it off and he didn't have the eyeshadow on in the next scene.
Im just seein batman in the bathroom like im dojmg doin my make up joker gimma 5 mins!!!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
So I was just working on a project and I noticed something weird. I've been meaning to do a blog on the game Fantasy Life, and there's one conversation from the end of the game I wanted to include. I tried to find a text dump for the game, but there wasn't one (understandle considering it has over 21,000 lines of dialouge). So I pulled up a YouTube video and typed out the convo, line for line. The thing is, I've beaten this game at least 50 times. I know practically every line of dialouge. But the dialouge in the video was different. There are some lines I distinctly remember that just aren't there. I watched another video playthru, on the same system I used, and yet it still had the not-quite-right dialouge. And annoyingly, I can't really google to find out about it because Fantasy Life wasn't a huge game and there's not much info on it.

I've had stuff like that happen before. I think in some cases, it's that I'm remembering dialogue from a different instance in the game, and in more recent indie games, it could be the fault of a text revision in an update. But I'm pretty compulsive about screenshotting dialogue I think will be important to my lore-dives and such, so it's really frustrating when I can't find the original text in my screenshots.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So I was just working on a project and I noticed something weird. I've been meaning to do a blog on the game Fantasy Life, and there's one conversation from the end of the game I wanted to include. I tried to find a text dump for the game, but there wasn't one (understandle considering it has over 21,000 lines of dialouge). So I pulled up a YouTube video and typed out the convo, line for line. The thing is, I've beaten this game at least 50 times. I know practically every line of dialouge. But the dialouge in the video was different. There are some lines I distinctly remember that just aren't there. I watched another video playthru, on the same system I used, and yet it still had the not-quite-right dialouge. And annoyingly, I can't really google to find out about it because Fantasy Life wasn't a huge game and there's not much info on it.
Maybe it was a different localization. That tends to happen a lot with me and Layton since it was far more popular in Europe than NA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom