• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I don't know if this sinus infection I've been having is due to all the pollen we've been having, or what. When I was a kid I used to have allergies to pollen but as I got older they just stopped. I thought maybe I grew out of it, and was hoping that'd be the case, but now I'm wondering...

In other news, sometimes I can breath out of my right nostril, but there is still pressure in my right ear, so that's annoying. I thought I'd be cleared out by now, but my nose continues to stuff up. It's anmoying but at least I can function, unlike last Sunday/Monday where I would feel dizzi everytime I stood up.

Still, please sinus infection, go away!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm not a superstitious person, but there have been dreams I've had that are extremely vivid about my life that seem to come to fruition at some point, and in those moments I feel like I have flashbacks to the timeframe of the initial dream. I'll just stop and be like, damn, I had a dream 3 years ago that I was here, and this exact thing was happening.

I'm not an anxious person at all, but there have been times when I've randomly felt what I guess can only be described as a feeling of anxiety for absolutely no reason, and every single time I've had an extremely bad life event follow literally only minutes or hours later. This one is a little bit more firm to verify for me because it's a real feeling, whereas dreams are pretty abstract, and one might say it is coincidence that you might dream of an event that actually ends up happening to you. The anxiety following a real bad event has happened enough for me to feel confident in saying it isn't just coincidental.

To give context, I remember when I was 8 years old, the night my grandmother went into a coma I had that intense feeling while in bed, and I just started crying for no reason. And then my uncle came and rang out doorbell because nobody heard the phones going off, and told my dad about it all and how they should start packing to head to Kentucky. The day my dad was at work and fell of a ladder and broke his back, same thing, I was at school, randomly had that feeling hit me, and then I got called to the office. I have plenty more but I'll stop there because I don't want to like unload every bad event that ever impacted my life to date.

Anyway, the point is sometimes I do wonder if I have some degree of foresight or something just when things relate to my life in some impactful way. The positive aspects I get glimpses of in the dreams, and the bad things trigger that weird feeling...

But like I said, I'm not superstitious, so idk, I write it off.

Last edited:
I think people increasingly viewing spirituality as nonscienfitic and dismissing it as superstition makes people less willing to consider that they could emotionally and spiritually be connected to the world and other people. There are a lot of stories similar to yours and I don't think you should feel like you're being unscientific for considering possibilities tied to your subconscious. I think people are more ashamed to consider it because they think its unintelligent or they're subscribing to hogwash for experiencing these things, and they shouldn't feel that way. The subconscious is incredibly understudied in science and it's probably because a lot of these connections just cannot be explained by our modern definition of science.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I think people increasingly viewing spirituality as nonscienfitic and dismissing it as superstition makes people less willing to consider that they could emotionally and spiritually be connected to the world and other people. There are a lot of stories similar to yours and I don't think you should feel like you're being unscientific for considering possibilities tied to your subconscious. I think people are more ashamed to consider it because they think its unintelligent or they're subscribing to hogwash for experiencing these things, and they shouldn't feel that way. The subconscious is incredibly understudied in science and it's probably because a lot of these connections just cannot be explained by our modern definition of science.
I feel like you're onto something here, I have some beliefs that I don't really want to go into right now but this fits perfectly into them

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
It's St. Patrick's Day. It's actually like a pretty big deal in my city, we have one of the largest parades, and one of the largest after parties. Most people probably have some kind of plans for today... I went to work, and now that I'm home I've done nothing, lol.
I've been wearing my green Zelda shirt :goron:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The new World of Warcraft expansion is getting revealed today! I'm very curious as to what it could be, as the current expansion in not that good and also seems like the end to a big story arc, so basically nothing has been hinted at what will happen next.
Like many others, I'm theorizing and hoping for a Dragon-expansion! The dragons of WoW need to return to their former glory! FOR AZEROTH!

Edit: Never mind... It was the 19th of APRIL... Not March... I have to wait another month...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom