• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

As much as I'm inclined to agree with you, I do gotta at least defend artists' liberty of simplifying their shapes and lines in a way they wish to represent what they're drawing. I like to pick on overdone artstyles as much as the next guy, but just because that's not how things are in reality doesn't mean artists aren't allowed to draw them that way. Like, heads also aren't ovals yet people draw heads as ovals. Necks start at the ear and aren't nearly as thin as most people draw them. Mouths are more than just a line. But especially for cartoonists, that doesn't translate well so people cut corners for the sake of integrating their own artstyle.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
DEAR ANIME ARTISTS
unknown.png

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A FACE BEFORE

HUMANS DO NOT HAVE "SNOUTS"
THE LEFT IS NOT A FACE. STOP IT.
ive never been able to draw a person from the side without having the face morph into a "snout" like this... so i just gave up and stuck to things with actual snouts instead
that being said i've tried the more anatomically correct way many times and i just cannot get it to look right

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is this obsession with veganism in advertising lately. Companies seem so eager to just slap the word vegan on anything they can even if there is no question in the first place. Of course it's vegan. It's a piece of ****ing cauliflower. Thank you so much supermarket for pointing out cauliflower is not an animal product.

DGX0wlhWAAA8H4g.jpg

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
There is this obsession with veganism in advertising lately. Companies seem so eager to just slap the word vegan on anything they can even if there is no question in the first place. Of course it's vegan. It's a piece of ****ing cauliflower. Thank you so much supermarket for pointing out cauliflower is not an animal product.

DGX0wlhWAAA8H4g.jpg
Its like at work we have the allergy table and it says milk contains (shock horror) milk!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dio

Link&Midna

K-Dawg

DGX0wlhWAAA8H4g.jpg
the dog part of the pic isnt even a border collie smh

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Kind of feel like I'm in a drawing hiatus. I don't know what to draw and I'm not satisfied with my drawings as I used to be

Like I know it takes a lot of practice but I don't know if I'm up for that and even when people say my drawings are great, I don't like them, which is a big factor for me.

Which kind of sucks because I don't really have other passions

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Kind of feel like I'm in a drawing hiatus. I don't know what to draw and I'm not satisfied with my drawings as I used to be

Like I know it takes a lot of practice but I don't know if I'm up for that and even when people say my drawings are great, I don't like them, which is a big factor for me.

Which kind of sucks because I don't really have other passions
do you have an art guide book?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom