• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So I've already said I've got a few packages on the way, and the place I got them from aligned badly with our move so they're shipping to the old house and I have to hope they get forwarded and shipping info is unavailable because new system. Well one of them came from somewhere else, and it went to Fayettville Arkansas in the area I used to live, sat there for nearly a week and now it's in... Wait for it... Shrevport. I realize as I type this that Shrevport isn't that far from where I am now, but still. It sucks. They'll probably all get here eventually and hopefully not get stuck in the mail, I hope. Not fun not being able to know where one of them is tho.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm quickly finding out that in Skyrim, living in a house or cabin far removed from any towns is a very bad idea. Every time I go into one of these homes I find the building overrun by a bear, skeevers, or wolves, and the person who used to live there either dead, or their remains are already decaying.

So yeah, thoughts for today: if somehow I was sucked into Tamriel and forced to live in Skyrim I would not make a home that isn't near a town.

I'm quickly finding out that in Skyrim, living in a house or cabin far removed from any towns is a very bad idea. Every time I go into one of these homes I find the building overrun by a bear, skeevers, or wolves, and the person who used to live there either dead, or their remains are already decaying.

So yeah, thoughts for today: if somehow I was sucked into Tamriel and forced to live in Skyrim I would not make a home that isn't near a town.
The ultimate decision: to live in solitude or to live in Solitude.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
For the past two years I've been wanting to get a graphics tablet but I've always been hesitant to make the jump considering I've never used one and wasn't sure if I could adjust from using paper or canvas to digital art.

I still haven't gotten my hands on one to test out, I just haven't had the time to justify going into Best Buy, Staples, or somewhere to hunt down an area where I can test one unless I'm going there to actually buy something else, or buy the tablet I like best the day of.

Anyway, the one I really want is this: XP-Pen Artist Display 12

It has a reference screen to look down on to actually see what is being drawn on the tablet, and I feel like that will be more natural for me to do my best art. And if I ever want to get a traditional graphics tablet in the future, I can still practice for that transition by looking at my laptop instead of the tablet's screen.

I can also use Paypal's pay installments if I want to so it won't be like I spent almost 200 bucks in an instant.

Anyway, I guess I was also wondering what the other artists here think of the tablet I'm looking at, and if they'd recommend anything else, or is this one something you'd buy?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
For the past two years I've been wanting to get a graphics tablet but I've always been hesitant to make the jump considering I've never used one and wasn't sure if I could adjust from using paper or canvas to digital art.

I still haven't gotten my hands on one to test out, I just haven't had the time to justify going into Best Buy, Staples, or somewhere to hunt down an area where I can test one unless I'm going there to actually buy something else, or buy the tablet I like best the day of.

Anyway, the one I really want is this: XP-Pen Artist Display 12

It has a reference screen to look down on to actually see what is being drawn on the tablet, and I feel like that will be more natural for me to do my best art. And if I ever want to get a traditional graphics tablet in the future, I can still practice for that transition by looking at my laptop instead of the tablet's screen.

I can also use Paypal's pay installments if I want to so it won't be like I spent almost 200 bucks in an instant.

Anyway, I guess I was also wondering what the other artists here think of the tablet I'm looking at, and if they'd recommend anything else, or is this one something you'd buy?
I've been thinking about getting a tablet for art myself, if you end up getting one lemme know how it works for you.

Today my mom wanted me to take down the clothes hanging up in our laundry room so I could hang up some she just washed. So I was carrying a huge pile of clothes out but the door wouldn't open all the way because of some clothes behind it. So I tried to get the pile of clothes up over the stove (which was not very intelligently placed right next to the door) and ended up knocking something over- our butterfly carrier. I was absolutely horrified when I saw it fall, it bounced a couple times before coming to a stop. I dumped all our clean clothes on the floor and went to check on our butterfly. Thank God Iris wasn't hurt, he was hanging onto his chunk of watermelon for dear life. Now I feel absolutely horrible, I should've been more careful and just dropped the clothes to begin with. Later I'm going to go out and find some fresh flowers for him, but I still feel really bad :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
With border regulations having been steadily easing over the past couple months for vaccinated individuals, I had the opportunity to visit my bf in Georgia for the first time since Christmas 2019 for 2 weeks. Got to spend some time in Atlanta and check out the Coka-Cola museum and hang out at the water park, and I had a great time! It was also nice to have some much needed time off work. Waiting at the airport to return to Canada now but I'm really glad I finally got to come.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Why do things cost money.. (i know i know) I know in order to get things I need to buy them with money but still... things are expensive sometimes. I'm thinking of getting annual passes for the theme parks in my area but that costs money sighh. I know it'll be worth it but it's just... my poor bank account is going to be small. The fall-winter season is when I do a lot of spending because so many cute things come out around this time too.

Well at least I am working so I can sort of save up for some stuff.
the-communist-manifesto-karl-marx-and-friedrich-engems-why-the-20611629.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom