• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I just found out that there is a game on the Switch called "The House in Fata Morgana" that has scored 100 on Metacritic. No game has ever gotten above 99, meaning that (according to Metacritic) it has surpassed Ocarina of Time as the best game of all time.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
I just found out that there is a game on the Switch called "The House in Fata Morgana" that has scored 100 on Metacritic. No game has ever gotten above 99, meaning that (according to Metacritic) it has surpassed Ocarina of Time as the best game of all time.
That's innacurate.

The biggest problem with Metacritic is that game's with a low amount of reviews tend to have overinflated scores. Even though Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time, I feel its 99 has always been due to in part to only having 22 reviews. Nowadays every AAA game has around 100 reviews. Anyhow, the game referenced above it isn't officially the highest rated game of all time yet as games need 7 reviews or more to count so it needs one more review. Back during the early 2010s, I spent way too much time being obsessed with review aggregate sites like Metacritic, and I feel people should use them as an overall marker if they're unsure of a purchase but not as some holy grail.

Gorozoron

wild ride
if so he was maybe talking objective quality-
and if so-that's like a complete joke
it ain't bad just really really boring in my case but objectively, storywise, gameplaywise and other things after so many decades of games, Games have done objectively better, I would even say in it's own franchise, some would disagree
I'm not talking about the fun you've had playing oot is less than the fun you had playing other games but objectively games have done better, processing faster e.t.c
Edit : also metacritics mean nothing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom