• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I finish uni at the end of this year and still haven’t found a graduate job yet. Before this year I’ve been accepted for every job I ever applied for but now I’m dealing with rejections and not many promising leads at all. It’s pretty depressing and demoralizing honestly but I’ll just keep looking because that’s all I can do.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I finish uni at the end of this year and still haven’t found a graduate job yet. Before this year I’ve been accepted for every job I ever applied for but now I’m dealing with rejections and not many promising leads at all. It’s pretty depressing and demoralizing honestly but I’ll just keep looking because that’s all I can do.
It's rough getting a job out of college.

My biggest suggestion to college students is to get an internship in college because most places want 1-2 years of experience for people applying for an entry level job.

It might take time, but I'm sure you'll find something.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's rough getting a job out of college.

My biggest suggestion to college students is to get an internship in college because most places want 1-2 years of experience for people applying for an entry level job.

It might take time, but I'm sure you'll find something.
I've got 8 years of work experience from one job I started at when I turned 14, 2 years at another during uni, 3 at another also during uni, and 6 months from an Internship when I was in Tokyo so I don't think my issue is a lack of experience in the workforce, especially not compared to most grads anyway. Many of the places around here that usually accept grads have just had to make up to hundreds of their staff redundant and are hiring less or not at all for next year. I'd hope to have had something secured by now in a regular year but it seems I'll be a victim of the economic crisis. At least it feels better to tell myself that rather than me just not being good enough anyway.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
We got no electricity over here from the very early morning till now. All guests in the hotel are complaining. I won't complain because this can happen and the hotel staff didn't do it on purpose. However the cleaning staff is stupid. Why? Because it rains and it's dark so we opened the curtains to get some Light. With the curtains closed and no electricity the room is completely dark. So why on earth are the cleaning ladies closing the damn curtains when they know there is NO POWER?!?!

Last edited:
Eyy, it didn't turn out how i was expecting it.

She did ask if there was anyone i was attracted to though, which was weird because she knows i'm not social, and don't talk to many other people than her...

But anyway, our friendship is still exactly the same, and she hasn't ghosted me! :)
probably just my anxiety being a ***** and making me worry about things i shouldn't.

So, an update to this.
I realised I *do* have feelings towards her, and after a lot of thinking (oh, and I also asked some other ppl who have PTSD what I should do if I was to date someone, and they recommended taking it slow) and awkward half joke-flirting, she asked me out. We also discussed what would happen if either of us decided it wasn't the right decision later down the line, we'd still stay best friends.

So, uh, I somehow have a gf now. :)

(From the new year resolution thread)
I'd like to:
  • get better at talking to people
unrealistic ones are;
  • get a bf or gf

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I've got 8 years of work experience from one job I started at when I turned 14, 2 years at another during uni, 3 at another also during uni, and 6 months from an Internship when I was in Tokyo so I don't think my issue is a lack of experience in the workforce, especially not compared to most grads anyway. Many of the places around here that usually accept grads have just had to make up to hundreds of their staff redundant and are hiring less or not at all for next year. I'd hope to have had something secured by now in a regular year but it seems I'll be a victim of the economic crisis. At least it feels better to tell myself that rather than me just not being good enough anyway.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you didn't get relevant work experience or anything. It's mainly something I wish I'd been told more in college because when I graduated it took like 6 months for me to find a job, partially because they were looking for people with relevant experience and the work I'd done in college had been in a warehouse/office and a grocery store. I ended up getting my job only because I'd gotten an additional IT certification through college and my employer is a nonprofit so they were willing to take a chance on me despite my lack of actual experience.

It's probably the single biggest factor to how fast you can find work after graduation.

I'm not sure what the economic situation is like in Australia right now. It might take time because of economic circumstances, but I'm sure you'll find a relevant job eventually. I think everyone on this site can attest to the fact that you're extremely competent at whatever you set your mind to, and I think with qualifications and competence, it's only a matter of time until an opportunity opens up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom