• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've been in a weird depressive state the past few weeks; weird as in I don't really know what brought it on and, by all rights, I should be happy.

I tell myself it's 5 months of quarantine getting to me, coupled with a lousy job and somewhat pessimistic outlook for the future but there's probably something deeper going on psychologically that's causing this. Maybe it's to do with past traumas and a history of mental abuse that recently resurfaced in my mind, or maybe I'm overthinking it and it really is as simple as quarantine getting to me. Either way, I want to be able to feel happy again and thought returning to work would have helped but if anything it's just made it worse, despite the people I work with being genuinely fun people to be around.

I tried online therapy. I had a session with a psychologist over zoom a few days ago but it ended up being fairly inconclusive, so now what? Do I just continue doing what I've been doing day after day and hope that I start feeling some semblance of happiness again? My classes are starting again next week so maybe having something to do every day will be good, but time will tell I suppose.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I've been in a weird depressive state the past few weeks; weird as in I don't really know what brought it on and, by all rights, I should be happy.

I tell myself it's 5 months of quarantine getting to me, coupled with a lousy job and somewhat pessimistic outlook for the future but there's probably something deeper going on psychologically that's causing this. Maybe it's to do with past traumas and a history of mental abuse that recently resurfaced in my mind, or maybe I'm overthinking it and it really is as simple as quarantine getting to me. Either way, I want to be able to feel happy again and thought returning to work would have helped but if anything it's just made it worse, despite the people I work with being genuinely fun people to be around.

I tried online therapy. I had a session with a psychologist over zoom a few days ago but it ended up being fairly inconclusive, so now what? Do I just continue doing what I've been doing day after day and hope that I start feeling some semblance of happiness again? My classes are starting again next week so maybe having something to do every day will be good, but time will tell I suppose.
To be honest I think both. Being 5 months in quarantine and not being able to do much else doesn't get your mind off things like what happened to you in your past. Without the quarantine you're busy and can get your mind on other things. And these days it's not easy to find another job as well. It seems like many people are edgy and have a bad temper because of the corona. I wish I could help you to feel happy again and forget about all the bad things that happened to you. The only thing I can do is give you a virtual hug :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Hold on my friend, you'll get there :)

Oh god, yet another friend is asking me about relationship advice...

And she's asking how other people would see us, since I talk to her way more often and more openly than her girlfriend does.

I swear to god, if she asks me out and then ghosts me when I tell her it's not mutual I'm gonna be pissed.

That's how I lost one of my other friends, but this one is my best friend, and I really, really don't want to lose her too.

Oh god, yet another friend is asking me about relationship advice...

And she's asking how other people would see us, since I talk to her way more often and more openly than her girlfriend does.

I swear to god, if she asks me out and then ghosts me when I tell her it's not mutual I'm gonna be pissed.

That's how I lost one of my other friends, but this one is my best friend, and I really, really don't want to lose her too.

Eyy, it didn't turn out how i was expecting it.

She did ask if there was anyone i was attracted to though, which was weird because she knows i'm not social, and don't talk to many other people than her...

But anyway, our friendship is still exactly the same, and she hasn't ghosted me! :)
probably just my anxiety being a ***** and making me worry about things i shouldn't.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I started my student internship today and I'm really excited. Learning to be a teacher virtually is gonna be a struggle, for sure. The students aren't required to have cameras on and it was very uncomfortable just speaking at a blank wall in the first block. Luckily other classes SOME students had their cameras on so I had some basis of how students were responding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom