• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
How is defunding the police going to fix anything? Crimes are spiking, people are getting killed and raped, and just because of a horrible thing ONE cop did. Don’t judge everyone for something one person did. That’s not nice, that’s not loving everyone if you’re judging people who didn’t do anything wrong...

Stitch

AKA Patrick
How is defunding the police going to fix anything? Crimes are spiking, people are getting killed and raped, and just because of a horrible thing ONE cop did. Don’t judge everyone for something one person did. That’s not nice, that’s not loving everyone if you’re judging people who didn’t do anything wrong...
It isn't just one cop, defunding the police does not mean that there isn't some sort of replacement, this should probably be a post in Mature Discussion.

Reactions: Dio

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
It isn't just one cop, defunding the police does not mean that there ian't some sort of replacement, this should probably be a post in Mature Discussion.

I was just saying stuff that was on my mind, we don’t have to turn this into a discussion if you don’t want to.

But people are judging the whole cop force for stuff a few bad cops did. They were dealt with, they were put in jail. No need to start scorning good cops for stuff the bad cops did. That’s not fair. I just hate to see ANYONE to get treated unfairly. Don’t you feel that way too?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I was just saying stuff that was on my mind, we don’t have to turn this into a discussion if you don’t want to.

But people are judging the whole cop force for stuff a few bad cops did. They were dealt with, they were put in jail. No need to start scorning good cops for stuff the bad cops did. That’s not fair. I just hate to see ANYONE to get treated unfairly. Don’t you feel that way too?
Look more into the black lives matter movement, police race relations, and Breonna Taylor (those cops have yet to be arrested upon many other cops that have killed people). There is a lot going on that you seem to not understand.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

The problem is that isn't just one or a few. The problem is that it's a lot, and a lot of other cops standing behind those that are corrupt. Yes the police in George Floyd's case were arrested (though they haven't been convicted yet so that's another matter). However that's just one of the many cases. The cops in Breonna Taylor's case haven't been arrested and only 1 has been fired. There was a case where police shoved a man to the ground for just approaching and talking to them (all caught on film) and the two who did were just suspended without pay (and charged with assault that they pled not guilty to) and 57 members of the same riot team quit to stand behind the two that did it. When you have whole police forces willing to protect those who did these things then they're all bad. The only reason we know about some of these cases at all is because they were filmed by the public. Otherwise they would have gotten away with it. There have been numerous other videos of cops assaulting or killing people who are defenseless. So it's way more than just a couple of them. The problem people have is that even the ones not personally killing people are protecting the ones that are.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Police are doing the jobs that we should instead be paying social workers, and mental health workers for.

instead of arresting people for drugs and ruining their lives and spending insane amounts of money locking them up only for them to reoffend and cost even more money maybe fund rehab for them and education so less people become addicts in the first place.

Murders and rapes need to be dealt with but a lot of what the police do has nothing to do with solving murders and rapes and they are the wrong people for the job a lot of the time.

The whole police system needs reform. There's just too much violence against the people, and particularly black people who are targeted disproportionately and treated much more harshly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom