• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

I suppose what's been most on my mind today is trying to find a Wii U console for sale *anywhere* at all. I'm in lockdown with my partner, and I really want to show her some classic Zelda games because she has always been more of a PS4 person. GameStop near me doesn't have any, and the ones on Amazon seem a bit sketchy.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I suppose what's been most on my mind today is trying to find a Wii U console for sale *anywhere* at all. I'm in lockdown with my partner, and I really want to show her some classic Zelda games because she has always been more of a PS4 person. GameStop near me doesn't have any, and the ones on Amazon seem a bit sketchy.
You could try eBay, though I don’t know if it will be any better than Amazon

Cfrock

Keep it strong
How do vampires have a strong sense of smell if they dont breathe??
Breathing is an action of the diaphragm, not the lungs. Since the diaphragm is a muscle that can be contracted manually, a vampire would still have the physical ability to breathe, even though they don't need oxygen. They would have to breathe to be able to talk, because talking requires air to flow over the vocal folds in the larynx. So they still need to breathe, just not for oxygen.

As for the sense of smell, as air enters the nose, oderants attach to olfactory receptors in the olfactory epithelium. These receptors then send signals to the brain, creating the perception of smells. A stronger sense of smell suggests vampires have a more developed, complex olfactory epithelium, like that of a dog.

I think about vampires a lot :keese:

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Breathing is an action of the diaphragm, not the lungs. Since the diaphragm is a muscle that can be contracted manually, a vampire would still have the physical ability to breathe, even though they don't need oxygen. They would have to breathe to be able to talk, because talking requires air to flow over the vocal folds in the larynx. So they still need to breathe, just not for oxygen.

As for the sense of smell, as air enters the nose, oderants attach to olfactory receptors in the olfactory epithelium. These receptors then send signals to the brain, creating the perception of smells. A stronger sense of smell suggests vampires have a more developed, complex olfactory epithelium, like that of a dog.

I think about vampires a lot :keese:
Wow really that last sentence really drove it there....

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I am really pushing myself to the limit now. I was supposed to just casually finish up my portfolio today, but I've encountered so, so many issues cropping up in the last hours, including watermarks, hearts and the actual portfolio website being inaccessible.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I spilled cider on my MacBook Pro :/

It’s not at all ideal either since I called Apple Support and there are no appointments available for repairs in the next week. They told me to just walk in and see if they can help at the Genius Bar.

It was only a small amount and I turned off the laptop right away and turned it upside down so I hope that it’ll be fine. My last full computer backup was three days ago and my current university assignments are all saved online on the cloud with google docs and one drive so it’s not the end of the world but it really sucks to be unable to work on them at home if I can’t get this resolved tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom