• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I got a phone call from my manager’s manager today to say I would be best to start looking for another job since it’s likely that from next week there will be little or no hours to give me for shifts. Once this coronavirus situation ends she said I’ll probably get more hours again like now, but nobody knows how long this is gonna last :/

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
IMG_5241.0.jpeg

There are a lot of things I miss about Germany, but doner kebab is the thing I miss most of all. There just aren't any good places near me that sell the kind of slow-roasted meat that I crave.

Reactions: Dio
One of our kittens has just discovered his claws, and he loves stabbing us.
He climbs onto shoulders exactly the same way his mom did when she was that age.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I had a breakdown early this morning. Stress kept piling up and I couldn't handle it anymore and I cracked.

Feeling better now. I hate when this happens to me.
That sucks bro. Keep your head up, though! I know these are weird times, and I'm not going to lie, I had a depressive spell a couple days ago when I started thinking about how much has changed in mere days. Stay optimistic, things will get better, and remember we are here for you if you ever need to vent, bro!

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I had a breakdown early this morning. Stress kept piling up and I couldn't handle it anymore and I cracked.

Feeling better now. I hate when this happens to me.

I’m sorry :(

Here’s a hug for you, hope you feel better :hug:

I had a breakdown too several days ago. I think it because I didn’t have anything to read because the library’s shut down, and I was just left in my bed with my thoughts, and I eventually thought about Gizmo, and I got really afraid and sad because I was scared about losing him one day (he’s my cat) I sleep with him every night and he always there for me, and I just got so sad about it and cried. I think that part of the reason I read books every night. To keep my thoughts from wandering.

So I know how you feel, I hate it too when it happens. I wish you a happy day wherever you are ❤️

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I’m sorry :(

Here’s a hug for you, hope you feel better :hug:

I had a breakdown too several days ago. I think it because I didn’t have anything to read because the library’s shut down, and I was just left in my bed with my thoughts, and I eventually thought about Gizmo, and I got really afraid and sad because I was scared about losing him one day (he’s my cat) I sleep with him every night and he always there for me, and I just got so sad about it and cried. I think that part of the reason I read books every night. To keep my thoughts from wandering.

So I know how you feel, I hate it too when it happens. I wish you a happy day wherever you are ❤
Day is going well now, minus that breakdown.

Thank you though, really I mean it. :)

That sucks bro. Keep your head up, though! I know these are weird times, and I'm not going to lie, I had a depressive spell a couple days ago when I started thinking about how much has changed in mere days. Stay optimistic, things will get better, and remember we are here for you if you ever need to vent, bro!

Thanks so much, mate. I usually am level-headed and optimistic, just I cracked this time, and I hate it. Thanks so much! :)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hang in there guys, it's a tough situation for many of us at the moment. The uncertainty of just how long this will last really sucks.

After yesterday's call saying I should look for other work, I got a call from my boss this afternoon to say I should come in to work for all five days next week. So I am still in this kind of limbo stage where I don't know what is going to happen and if/when and by how much my hours are going to drop or be reduced to zero. At least (pending any government shutdown/lockdown order) for now it seems I can earn some money next week.

I spent a lot of time yesterday applying for benefits and have a lot of university related work on my plate along with trying to prepare for applying for other jobs and the like for any case that may happen.

I have a few things on my backlog to get done here on ZD but they're not as high on my priority list as being able to have an income going forward so please forgive me if things take a little longer for me to get to than usual. I'm having a rough time as are many others here, so hopefully we will all get through this and come out at the other end as well as we can.

Once I get a chance, it would be good to try and do something with the Game Nights Discord server, but for now there is a lot on my plate I am trying to get done, organised, and in place.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh man why are people so stupid?? We're told to stay inside and avoid events or visiting places or be in groups larger than 2 or 3. And what are the people doing? Yep...visitng a market with 100's of people. So market got closed immidiatly. At work we're badly understaffed. I'm still surprised they're open. And I'm home sick. Having a bad cold and a flu so that definitely sucks as well :dry: But on the bright side, I got some time on my hands while lying in bed. I can play more Hollow Knight a bit. Just defeated the Hornet for the first time and got wings. I'm travelling all the way through different places and get different maps. So there's still something good out there mister Frodo

I'm not sure what I've done to upset my mom, but she stormed up the stairs to shout at me for something super unreasonable.

One of our cats climbed up her leg and stabbed her afterwards.
Retribution tastes so sweet.

I swear I'm not laughing.
Okay I am. I'm totally cackling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom