• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've come to the conclusion that when someone takes a tone with you that is unnecessarily rude or abrasive and you aren't being paid to deal with that person then ignoring them is generally the best course of action. Life is too short to let other people bring you down over nothing. Don't waste your breath trying to be overly kind to people who won't give you the same decency, but also don't go wasting your time by starting arguments with them either. Look to other people for positivity and avoid unnecessary drama.

Similarly, sometimes people will make up their mind that they don't like you and there is often nothing you can do to change their mind. In these cases, or in cases where you have made up your mind that you don't like someone, rather than being bitter and/or engaging in trying to change their mind it is also better to just ignore them or look to someone else who hasn't already made their mind up on you yet.

Both of these apply especially online, were there usually isn't anything holding you down in any place except for yourself.

The world could be a much nicer place if people could just quietly dislike each other without needing to be so open and hostile about it. Perhaps the Japanese way of thinking, particularly on conflict avoidance, has grown on me too much. Some people (I'm thinking particularly of some extended family members) seem to love drama (even if they have to create it themselves for seemingly no reason) and I just don't understand it.

I've come to the conclusion that when someone takes a tone with you that is unnecessarily rude or abrasive and you aren't being paid to deal with that person then ignoring them is generally the best course of action. Life is too short to let other people bring you down over nothing. Don't waste your breath trying to be overly kind to people who won't give you the same decency, but also don't go wasting your time by starting arguments with them either. Look to other people for positivity and avoid unnecessary drama.

Similarly, sometimes people will make up their mind that they don't like you and there is often nothing you can do to change their mind. In these cases, or in cases where you have made up your mind that you don't like someone, rather than being bitter and/or engaging in trying to change their mind it is also better to just ignore them or look to someone else who hasn't already made their mind up on you yet.

Both of these apply especially online, were there usually isn't anything holding you down in any place except for yourself.

The world could be a much nicer place if people could just quietly dislike each other without needing to be so open and hostile about it. Perhaps the Japanese way of thinking, particularly on conflict avoidance, has grown on me too much. Some people (I'm thinking particularly of some extended family members) seem to love drama (even if they have to create it themselves for seemingly no reason) and I just don't understand it.

I'm not Japanese and I love avoiding conflict. Maybe it'll be a good place for me one day.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Started to watch my first anime show. I had to search for one that wasn’t to mature for me, and I found this one:

1584891915155.jpeg

I love it! I just binge-watched the first season yesterday, and it so good. I showed my sister too, but only after watching it first to make double sure it was okay. ❤️

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So we did a lot of things in our house this past weekend. My fiance planned more things because he was supposed to be off today from work. But nope, two people called in sick and he had to go to work anyway. Well with a lockdown on the corner he might get plenty of time soon. If the lockdown is going to happen of course

The UK is in lockdown now.

I've never been in a lockdown before. I actually feel less stressed because nothing is expected of me now.

I'm literally not allowed to do anything for three to twelve weeks.

Cozy.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The UK is in lockdown now.

I've never been in a lockdown before. I actually feel less stressed because nothing is expected of me now.

I'm literally not allowed to do anything for three to twelve weeks.

Cozy.

whoa :eek:

so you're, like, only allowed to go out for groceries and medicines and need a special permit for that?

whoa :eek:

so you're, like, only allowed to go out for groceries and medicines and need a special permit for that?

We can go out for groceries and medicine when absolutely necessary, can't be in groups of more than two people.

We don't need a special permit but police will disperse people who are hanging around in the streets.

Almost every store has been closed outside of supermarkets and many of them are on reduced hours with skeleton staff.

It's insane.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
We can go out for groceries and medicine when absolutely necessary, can't be in groups of more than two people.

We don't need a special permit but police will disperse people who are hanging around in the streets.

Almost every store has been closed outside of supermarkets and many of them are on reduced hours with skeleton staff.

It's insane.
Agree spirit...

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw

It's insane.

Very insane indeed. Man, I feel for you guys :/ wish you were all spared of this ****.

Hope it doesn't reach Sweden.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I just feel incredibly more stressed and anxious each day.

Since I work in the city and travel by train for over an hour each direction my parents don’t want me coming into their house anymore (I live in a flat in their backyard) and are making me feel like an asshole for still going in to work.

Part of me wishes that I’d just get locked down and not have to go to work anymore so I didn’t have to go to the city, but then I’d have to wait who knows how long to get on benefits which are less than half of what I am earning at work each week. My parents don’t seem to want to talk about reducing my rent either.

Study online is also a thing I have to do for the rest of the semester which I very much dislike. There are now more group assignments due to cancelled exams which are going to be a nightmare to try and do over the Internet with people I’ve never met before who may or may not even be motivated to get a good result.

Also I’ve never been able to stand staying inside without going out at least once per day. In Tokyo I didn’t even spend an hour home (excluding sleep) on any day. So going from being incredibly social to being locked down and unable to meet friends or go out sucks a lot, I can feel isolation and depression making a comeback for the first time in years.

I went out to get my antidepressants earlier, and it was eerie how many shops were shut.
All with the essentially the same message - Closed due to Coronavirus lockdown. Try to stay at least 2 meters away from people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom