• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

the hollow earth....

Oh my god, you're right.

This changes everything
3ec

I went out to get some air because I was feeling annoyed and ran till I blacked out.
It reset my mood and helped me get some frustration out, so I'm feeling a little better.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It was a high of just over 46c degrees here on Saturday. I'll be heading to Hokkaido tomorrow evening, in the places I'll be during my trip the temperature will be between -19c and -2c. Gonna be quite a rude shock to the system.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I had this quite interesting discussion with a friend recently about communities, and a binary discussion about a community where everyone is different vs a community where everyone is the same.

I'd think that a community where everyone is the same is a preferable one, since you're with your peers, you all have basically everything in common, there's a sense of proximity. But I've also experienced lot of bad feelings and ill behavior in such communities I've been part of, like .. since everyone is the same, I've experienced a lot of hostility towards 'those people' and a very us vs them mentality, there's an echo chamber regarding opinions that gets reiterated time and time again and if you're slightly different - like I usually am - you can get flacked for your differences since you don't fit the mold or the norm.

Now, I find the resetera vs neogaf situation pretty interesting. For those who didn't know, they were once only neogaf, but after an incident in 2017, a LOT of people migrated and formed resetera, and now they have double the amount of the activity from gaf.

What resulted was that resetera is now very left wing oriented, and neogaf very right wing oriented. It's fascinating that you can go to a thread on era and be like 'I guess gaf thinks the exact opposite' and vice versa, and lo and behold. I don't like any of these places, (though I consider neogaf to be way, way, worse because of their lack of moderation, whereas resetera is almost over-moderated to a fault) but I still read them, even gaf, because I try to keep my friends close and my enemies closer to gain perspective.

In general, I've come to the conclusion that I actually prefer communities where everyone is varied from each other - there just is a lack of norms and molds that I find comforting, I get less flacked because I just can't 'stand out', since everyone is so unique in their own way and their own assemblies of opinions and beliefs, there's really nothing to stand out from. And as my friend said "in such communities, there is no 'us vs them' since there is no us and there is no them'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom