• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My fiancee and I were originally planning for Germany for our honeymoon, until we found out that flights to and from Japan would be far cheaper.

So I suppose Japan will be our honeymoon destination. :)

Looks like I need to get my passport paperwork in order.

sounds great! Message me any questions you may have anytime about traveling in Japan :)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've come to the conclusion that my neighbor was doing crack. I mentioned a few months ago about how he lost his job because he started drinking, and just let his lawn completely go over the summer. I talked to his brother who asked me if I could cut his lawn, so I did it twice, but I just got fed up with doing it while he was locked up in his house boozing it up.

He ended up in rehab, and I assumed it was just because he was drinking, but his son told me he was at a rehab hospital for people doing heavy drugs or who have severe mental conditions that need to be monitored. Well, he mentioned the name of the hosiptal and I've heard of it before so I know it's not just an average detox center.

He's back in his home now, but his house was foreclosed because he's been out of work for a long time. Anyway, I noticed he comes out of his house at night and walks off somewhere because he can't drive his car legally anymore. When he comes back he doesn't have groceries: I'm pretty certain he's walking a little ways up the road and buying drugs from someone on my street. Now, the biggest reason I know it's drugs he is doing is because he has aged two decades in only a year. He's a 40 year old man, but he used to look like he was in his 30's still. Now he looks really old.

It's really a shame, he used to be a really nice guy, and an awesome neighbor. His son is a year younger than me and we were really good friends for awhile before he got married and moved away. Watching this guy spiral over the course of last year and into this one has been very tragic. Drugs ruin lives.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
McDonalds Japan is introducing an “Adult Cream Pie” this month. Obviously the McDonalds Japan marketing team could use an English speaker...
That reminds me of when Coke released their branded bottled water in the UK. All the marketing was like "Can't Live Without Spunk" and "Bottled Spunk". Now, to a mostly American audience, the word 'spunk' would mean energy, vitality, liveliness. In the UK it has a very different meaning... a distinctly male, sexual meaning... Needless to say that ad campaign was a massive failure.

That reminds me of when Coke released their branded bottled water in the UK. All the marketing was like "Can't Live Without Spunk" and "Bottled Spunk". Now, to a mostly American audience, the word 'spunk' would mean energy, vitality, liveliness. In the UK it has a very different meaning... a distinctly male, sexual meaning... Needless to say that ad campaign was a massive failure.
When will companies think of localization issues before advertising their products! Lol.

Hah, I've seen these:
1578891916788.png
A few times. I think they were in Home Bargains...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom