• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ah ****. My friend just told me she fancies me. The feeling isn't mutual, and I have no clue how to deal with this.

I'm bi, so her gender isn't the reason. I just uh, don't know if I feel romantic feelings. I haven't felt them at all in the last 5 years, so idk what to think.

but damn
uhhh

what a way to start 2020 lmao
o_O
frick, I hope this doesn't change our relationship.

It depends how you deal with it. Hopefully you can explain to her about you not feeling romantic feelings and she will understand. But do be sure not to lead her on in any way in an attempt to spare her feelings in the short term or she may think it's a matter of her having to wait for you to develop those feelings and then she will not be able get over you.

The source of my PC problem has been found! This has been an ongoing issue for a while now. My graphics card turned out to have malfunctioning components, which is why my game characters were lighting up like Christmas trees before the game crashed. It made for very groovy Soulcalibur matches. Well for a few seconds until the message of doom appeared. Never seen a malfunction happen in such a way before and can't find anyone else who had the same problem online either.

I am getting a replacement and my PC can come home tomorrow! It's £230 for the new card but it should be an upgrade over my old one.

It depends how you deal with it. Hopefully you can explain to her about you not feeling romantic feelings and she will understand. But do be sure not to lead her on in any way in an attempt to spare her feelings in the short term or she may think it's a matter of her having to wait for you to develop those feelings and then she will not be able get over you.

Yeah, I told her about the whole not-getting-romantic-feelings in the past, and also when she confessed.
She's got a really bad memory, so I hope this got through to her. I really don't want to keep repeating myself like some kind of groundhog day-esque situation.
Over the last two days, she has been a little quieter than usual though, so I hope I didn't upset her in the way I told her :confused:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah, I told her about the whole not-getting-romantic-feelings in the past, and also when she confessed.
She's got a really bad memory, so I hope this got through to her. I really don't want to keep repeating myself like some kind of groundhog day-esque situation.
Over the last two days, she has been a little quieter than usual though, so I hope I didn't upset her in the way I told her :confused:

I knew someone who would ask my advice not implement it and then ask for advice again a week later. Repeating yourself is annoying. I am sure people just don't want to hear things sometimes or aren't listening. I don't understand how they can function with memories so bad.

Even if you tell her in the best way she will definitely be upset to some degree so it might take some time for your relationship to get back if you are to continue on. Be patient and hopefully she will talk more again.

I'm drinking some fancy 10 year old whiskey and it just tastes like spicy water.
I don't get the appeal lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm drinking some fancy 10 year old whiskey and it just tastes like spicy water.
I don't get the appeal lmao

Spicy water... I like that description! What brand is it? I'm sure @TheGreatCthulhu will be the one to tell you whether it is supposed to be a good one or if it is renowned for being poor.

I personally haven't had any nasty whiskeys apart from Jack Daniels honey. That's pretty gross.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Glenmorangie. My mom said it's more expensive than anything I've had in the past.

...still tastes like acid reflux lol
Maybe whiskey is just not your drink. Or perhaps you will learn to love it. I enjoyed from the very first try so I think it was definitely meant to be my drink

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Glenmorangie. My mom said it's more expensive than anything I've had in the past.

...still tastes like acid reflux lol
Do you have much experience drinking hard liquor? If not, then before you taste any other flavors, you will taste nothing but alcohol vapors.

When drinking whisk(e)y, don't take big gulps, sip it like a fresh mug of hot coffee.

With whisk(e)y, you're dealing with a drink that's minimum 40% ABV, so if ya ain't used to hard liquor, it's gonna burn. The glass helps too, as whisk(e)y in a rocks glass just smells like alcohol, not whisk(e)y.

With Glenmorangie, it ranges from 40-46% ABV specifically. Cask strength whisk(e)ys are even harsher, with some jumping clear up to 66% ABV.

Glenmorangie, for a Highland scotch I actually find to be sweet. The stuff from Islay can have a medicinal smell and taste, due to the smoke dried barley.

Last edited:
Do you have much experience drinking hard liquor?
Hah, no. This is my first alcohol since October 8th. I kinda freaked myself out when I got too tipsy.

This stuff was just what my mom offered me, and I didn't want to be rude and turn it down. Thankfully it didn't do much to me, because I wasn't the one in control of the moderation :sweat:

And yeah, I sipped it.

Had some actual acid reflux afterwards and it tasted exactly the same :shrugs:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Hah, no. This is my first alcohol since October 8th. I kinda freaked myself out when I got too tipsy.

This stuff was just what my mom offered me, and I didn't want to be rude and turn it down. Thankfully it didn't do much to me, because I wasn't the one in control of the moderation :sweat:

And yeah, I sipped it.

Had some actual acid reflux afterwards and it tasted exactly the same :shrugs:
I'd say that for newbie whisk(e)y drinkers, getting used to the alcohol burn is the biggest hurdle before any flavor profiles come out.

That's unique person to person and how long one has been drinking hard liquor.

For a while, all whisk(e)y will taste like an alcohol/acid reflux burn, because it's strong liquor, so there's that.

I would have actually started you out with an Irish whiskey if it was me, because Irish whiskeys tend to be pretty friendly straight from the bottle.

Highland scotches tend to be kinda rich, and nailing down a flavor profile for them is kinda tough, since all Highland distilleries are very different, but mostly vanilla, fruit, citrus, and oak tend to be the dominant flavors.

But getting those notes under an alcohol burn is kinda tough. I'll tell you a whisky that legitimately tastes like ass is Canadian Mist. I don't find turpentine to be an appetizing flavor.

EDIT: You can tame the burn with some water and ice. I'd personally try water first, as ice tends to dilute the drink far too fast, and chilling a drink to that degree tends to remove ~60% of the flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom