• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
What's on my mind is how quickly the meaning of a sentence can change depending on the emphasis.

For example, an innocuous phrase, "Turn on the oven."

Well, it could be, "TURN on the oven," as if you're about to betray it or sell it out.

It could also be, "TURN ON the oven," as if you and the oven are gonna get hot 'n' heavy.

It could also be, "Turn on THE oven," as in, it's the best oven, and the only one you use to cook delicious food. It's your favorite.

I suppose if you're angry, it could also be, "TURN ON THE OVEN!!" if people ain't following directions.

Just a random thought.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
What's on my mind is how quickly the meaning of a sentence can change depending on the emphasis.

For example, an innocuous phrase, "Turn on the oven."

Well, it could be, "TURN on the oven," as if you're about to betray it or sell it out.

It could also be, "TURN ON the oven," as if you and the oven are gonna get hot 'n' heavy.

It could also be, "Turn on THE oven," as in, it's the best oven, and the only one you use to cook delicious food. It's your favorite.

I suppose if you're angry, it could also be, "TURN ON THE OVEN!!" if people ain't following directions.

Just a random thought.
Is that cuz of Dizzi being dizzi??

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Finally my states government (fun police) are relaxing some overbearing laws a bit.

Currently you are not allowed to purchase take out alcohol after 10pm but this is going to be extended to midnight (I think there really should not be any time restriction here but this relaxation is better than nothing).

In January they’ll also remove the “lockout laws” in Sydney which since 2014 have essentially totally killed the cities nightlife. The 1.30am last entry for all venues in the Sydney CBD will finally be removed and bans on serving cocktails, shots and drinks in glass after midnight will be removed. Hopefully this helps Sydney be less boring again.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Can they please cut my hours at work next week Can they please cut my hours at work next week Can they please cut my hours at work next week Can they please cut my hours at work next week Can they please cut my hours at work next weekCan they please cut my hours at work next week Can

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom