• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I hope you had a great nap or at least that big cup of coffee, sweetie pie :):hug:

All things are packed. Tomorrow I'll take Yuga to a friend to stay the next 11 days. And then it's time for a holiday!!
ugh you are the best <3 I did have an energy drink and then got a really good night’s sleep, so I’m happy! And I hope you guys have the best time in Greece, it seems like such a beautiful place to be :D

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I spent the afternoon in Akihabara with two of my colleagues after work to browse some shops and eat dinner which was a lot of fun. Afterward on the train home there was a girl who seemed to be super drunk standing next to me with one earphone in and the other earphone and cable both dangling down. She then proceeded to pick up the cable and instead of plugging it into her phone's headphone jack she put it into her other ear and let the spare earphone keep dangling freely as she moved her head to the beat of music.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I'm noticing more and more when people take up a martial art, be it HEMA, boxing, or Jiujitsu, there's loads of people that lack the warrior spirit and really don't want to receive something so little as a bruise.

I mean really? Come on, it's martial arts, the word martial stems from Mars, the god of war. So where's the warrior and/or fighting spirit in these people?

Edit: I mean when I did Judo when I was 18, the literal first day, I got whiplash from a hard throw when we were learning the first basic throw. Did I cry and quit? Hell no.

I'm noticing more and more when people take up a martial art, be it HEMA, boxing, or Jiujitsu, there's loads of people that lack the warrior spirit and really don't want to receive something so little as a bruise.

I mean really? Come on, it's martial arts, the word martial stems from Mars, the god of war. So where's the warrior and/or fighting spirit in these people?

My last manager had the warrior spirit, he was always turning up with bruises and busted ribs after competitions and sparring and he still loved taking part. Was pretty inspiring.

But not that much because I don't want any broken ribs, I am FAR too clumsy.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
My last manager had the warrior spirit, he was always turning up with bruises and busted ribs after competitions and sparring and he still loved taking part. Was pretty inspiring.

But not that much because I don't want any broken ribs, I am FAR too clumsy.
Well, your manager sounds awesome! But really I'm referring to those that take a nothing jab to the face and instantly quit. Even in HEMA, where we have full fencing masks, I've seen people take a full Zwerchhau to the side of the head and kept on sparring. These little kids would up and quit and say we hit too hard.

What? I believe anyone can be a fighter, but if they're that adverse to getting wil boo-boos maybe fighting isn't for them, lol.

I dunno, just something that was on my mind. :)

I wanna move to Harmony Square.

I wanna move, anywhere really.

I dislike being here.

Come to Neo-Spirit City
3891679831_93b4d75245_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom