• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

A young woman has gone missing and needs to be found. The likes of William Shatner have already retweeted to help widen the search for her.
There are details in the linked video of what she looks like, where she was last seen and the vehicle she drives as well as contacts to her family in the linked video's description.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Something that's been on my mind that bugs me is when people have real weapons are mishandling them.

Namely, when I went shooting a couple of days ago, my buddy bought a nice .357 magnum revolver.

That wasn't the issue.

What the issue was is he was flicking his wrist, causing the cylinder to slam into the revolver's frame, like you see in any Hollywood movie that has a revolver in it.

Now, Hollywood has done such a good job of making this look so cool, that some people think this is how a revolver should be handled.

NO!!!!

You can break off the locking bolt that locks the cylinder into the frame, you can damage the crane, you can damage the frame, and you can damage the ejector rod by handling a revolver like that.

Proper handling of a revolver is after you load the cylinder with bullets is you push on the crane to push the cylinder back into the frame, and you gently index the cylinder.

Another thing I saw that made me cringe is people taking AR-15's, and Glock 19's, and unironically, and proudly even, boasting that they never have to clean their guns.

Excuse me, sir, but real weapons are tools, and if tools aren't properly maintained, they fail. Especially with AR-15's, since the gas system it uses means you will have to clean them after every shooting session. Also, this may just be me, but even after one shooting session, I meticulously clean all my guns, because I find carbon buildup to be disgusting.

How anyone can stomach that much carbon buildup, that's inevitably mucking up the gun's internal mechanisms, is beyond me.

Now, the other thing that's on my mind and sorta bothers me, is every time a friend wants to see any bladed weapon I have that's made out of carbon steel, why do they touch the blade?

I know that there's historical techniques of grabbing the blade, but last I checked, when I'm showing someone a sword, we aren't actively trying to kill each other.

Carbon steel rusts from skin contact, people! So don't get offended when after you touch the blade with your bare hands, that I grab a mucky, oily rag to wipe down the blade to re-oil it. Rust is a pain in the ass to clean off, even if it's all superficial, and I'd much rather prevent rust than clean it.

Part of owning weapons is handling them properly, and maintaining them, and it makes me cringe when I see people mishandling weapons.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I became super unwell since last night and went to the doctor today. Apparently I have laryngitis, so he gave me lots of medicine for it.

I’m supposed to be flying back to Sydney on Friday, so I hope that I am able to take that flight because right now I feel very terrible.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Get well jimmu and talking of weapons i went archering (cant thibk of the verb) and i was thinking Link doesn't have a three finger protection thingy....

I ****ing hate people who thrive off of the misery of others, the types who always want an argument and dont care who they upset because theyre so selfish and self obsessed.

I wish these people would stop and think about the people theyre talking to, especially when these people are ****ing unstable flight risks.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I had to return my 2 weeks old laptop because I only used it 3 times and windows already gave me a fatal BSOD error. My laptop was stuck in a loop. I couldn't start my laptop at all. So I returned it to the store. The store sucks big time because this happened to every pc I bought in the recent years already. So I bought another laptop at another store. Now see how this goes.
My sister found a kitten which was tossed out on the street and he is only like 10 weeks old. So I took him with me. He's hiding under the closet. I was able to hug him and now I let him get used to us and see how it goes

I had to return my 2 weeks old laptop because I only used it 3 times and windows already gave me a fatal BSOD error. My laptop was stuck in a loop. I couldn't start my laptop at all. So I returned it to the store. The store sucks big time because this happened to every pc I bought in the recent years already. So I bought another laptop at another store. Now see how this goes.
My sister found a kitten which was tossed out on the street and he is only like 10 weeks old. So I took him with me. He's hiding under the closet. I was able to hug him and now I let him get used to us and see how it goes
And that's why Windows 7 was better, you could easily get out of that Loop, if you had it.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm glad I never had to suffer the wrath of windows 10

Edit; someone pointed out the botw npc's look like miis so I'm putting them into smash bros as mii fighters

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So, a bit of a bombshell. Some of you may have noticed I've been more active during the day. Well, that's because things really started to change at work, and not for the better. I got so fed up, I quit - which is something I should have did a long time ago, honestly. No worries, I'm going to put applications in elsewhere. But right now money isn't really a worry for me, and I'm thinking I will take a bit of time for a vacation before I rush into another job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom