• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

I just heard back about the job interview I had on Monday, I got the internship!

So now on top of the first internship I have in Tokyo from April until the end of June, now I've got a second internship in India from July for 8-12 weeks with an IT company.

They'll pay for me to fly there and back, help me organise (and pay for) my visa, pick me up at the airport and have a chauffeur driven car to take me to the city when I want to leave their campus (which looks like a google or facebook campus - they'll also pay my rent to live there in my own room). On top of that my scholarship will keep paying me for those three months and I'll get paid by the company too. Most importantly, it's gonna be great experience working on real IT projects in the industry before I graduate from Uni. Glad I've got a pretty solid plan for the rest of the year now.

Tokyo to India?

The heat would be far too much for me in either place. If Tokyo didn't kill me then India totally would.

[..]now I've got a second internship in India from July for 8-12 weeks with an IT company.[..]
I hope that that "internship" is more than a call center job at customer service :P

But in all seriousness: nice! You will be in for (another) culture shock: it is true that people from India do not dare to say "no". But if you gained their trust, then they are very loyal, hard working and knowledgeable people who also dare to ask a question if they are not able to find out the answer by themselves. Five words of advice I can give you from my experience with working with an offshore Indian IT-department: do not be too formal.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom