• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

zo1gauwe40s11.jpg

Nyaaaaa, fangirl squee alert!!
*fans self*

Ninja

Well well well
I may have to put my three year old mastiff down due to aggression issues that have continuously escalated over the past few months.

The mastiff has went after my older pit numerous times. The first time he caused a small cut, the second time, my pit needed stitches and my wife and mom could barely pull them apart. Two weeks ago, they got into it again, I was showering upstairs and my mom couldn’t break them up, and ended up falling and cutting herself on our rocks outside.

Two nights ago, was the last straw. They were playing with a toy, and the pit went up to smell it. I saw my mastiffs eyes just glaze over, and he attacked him right in front of me. I immediately grabbed him by the collar, but he would not let go. He only released when I pinned him against the wall with my knee for a brief moment.

I have been in contact with a trainer, and unfortunately we can only do our best to manage the dogs. Do everything separate with them. With my mom being physically disabled, and my fiancé being so small, I cannot risk them getting hurt again if the mastiff goes after my pit again.

If the shelter takes him back, I feel like he will definitely be euthanized alone, wondering why I am not there. If he somehow gets rehomed, I cannot live with the guilt if he attacks or kills another dog, even worse a human.

I am so lost, and heartbroken. The mastiff is a great dog with us, however he is a danger and a threat to my pit, and indirectly my family.

The mastiff comes from a previously abusive home, and we’re doing our best to love him, but his issues may be too much for us. **** this sucks.

I may have to put my three year old mastiff down due to aggression issues that have continuously escalated over the past few months.

The mastiff has went after my older pit numerous times. The first time he caused a small cut, the second time, my pit needed stitches and my wife and mom could barely pull them apart. Two weeks ago, they got into it again, I was showering upstairs and my mom couldn’t break them up, and ended up falling and cutting herself on our rocks outside.

Two nights ago, was the last straw. They were playing with a toy, and the pit went up to smell it. I saw my mastiffs eyes just glaze over, and he attacked him right in front of me. I immediately grabbed him by the collar, but he would not let go. He only released when I pinned him against the wall with my knee for a brief moment.

I have been in contact with a trainer, and unfortunately we can only do our best to manage the dogs. Do everything separate with them. With my mom being physically disabled, and my fiancé being so small, I cannot risk them getting hurt again if the mastiff goes after my pit again.

If the shelter takes him back, I feel like he will definitely be euthanized alone, wondering why I am not there. If he somehow gets rehomed, I cannot live with the guilt if he attacks or kills another dog, even worse a human.

I am so lost, and heartbroken. The mastiff is a great dog with us, however he is a danger and a threat to my pit, and indirectly my family.

The mastiff comes from a previously abusive home, and we’re doing our best to love him, but his issues may be too much for us. **** this sucks.

Awww hun that sounds awful.

*hugs*

This isn't the same but i had a hamster in a group that was terribly aggressive and we couldn't do anything with her (mostly because hamsters are idiots) so after keeping her apart from the others we had to take her back to thr pet store and I really found it hard.

I didnt know what they'd do with her. If they'd put her down just for being her or if they could re-sell or re-home her. I got very upset but there was nothing else I could do.

I asked what they'd do with her and they assured me they wouldn't put her down but I will never know what actually happened.

It was horrible having to take her back. She didn't know any better, the fact it was a living creature made me feel completely awful.

I can only imagine how all of this would be so much worse for a dog who is a friend of the family for so long. I only had my hamster for a few days.

I hope you'll be okay hun. I can't do anything but chat but I'll keep you all in my thoughts too. You've had a lot going on recently, you don't nedd this too.

*hugs*

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Awww @.kurama that sucks so sad but its like for the best, everyones safety, and i know the dog dosnt understand what wrong but i'm sure hell appreciate you being there in his final moments....you

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I still get annoyed when I see the phrase "Real vampires don't sparkle."

Oh. Tell me more about these real vampires and what they can do. Vampires didn't turn to ash in sunlight until 1922, so tell me more about how that's such an integral part of what a vampire is. Sparkling is dumb, but it's no more dumb than some of the old folklore about vampires. Like how watermelons become vampires if you leave them outside during a full moon, or how you become a vampire if a cat jumps over your coffin, or those vampires that are just a big shapeless bag of saggy flesh with a long proboscis for sucking blood through like some kind of disgusting Capri-Sun mother****er.

The only difference between Edward Cullen and Anne Rice's Louis is that one shines in light, the other disintegrates. Twilight sucks but don't come at me with that weak ****, pretending you care about vampires. If all they are to you is the arbitrary set of supernatural gimmicks you like most then miss me with that.

This is how I spend my Saturday nights.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

That's very sad to hear. I hope it won't have to come to that decision but if the mastiff is a danger to the ones you love (including pets) there might be no other option. I'm very lucky not to be in your shoes because it's extremely tough. I wish you much strength and comfort with whatever decision you'll have to make.

Ninja

Well well well
We’ve decided to remain diligent and love him just the same until we get him rehomed, gonna try everything possible before putting him down.

On a positive note, we’re on the way to Tough Mudder Las Vegas 2018! These are so challenging and fun.

I still get annoyed when I see the phrase "Real vampires don't sparkle."

Oh. Tell me more about these real vampires and what they can do. Vampires didn't turn to ash in sunlight until 1922, so tell me more about how that's such an integral part of what a vampire is. Sparkling is dumb, but it's no more dumb than some of the old folklore about vampires. Like how watermelons become vampires if you leave them outside during a full moon, or how you become a vampire if a cat jumps over your coffin, or those vampires that are just a big shapeless bag of saggy flesh with a long proboscis for sucking blood through like some kind of disgusting Capri-Sun mother****er.

The only difference between Edward Cullen and Anne Rice's Louis is that one shines in light, the other disintegrates. Twilight sucks but don't come at me with that weak ****, pretending you care about vampires. If all they are to you is the arbitrary set of supernatural gimmicks you like most then miss me with that.

This is how I spend my Saturday nights.

Yeah but real vampires don't... umm.... hmm....

I like vampires...

Your-Queen-Commands-you-Bloodrayne-Cosplay-by-Hannuki.jpg

Last edited:
Bring Me the Horizon released another single yesterday, and it's kind of bad. I didn't like their last single either. Looks like they're trying to be some bootleg discount Deftones now, and that's pretty unfortunate. Deftones, to put it gently is, well, tonedeaf... Icky.

My research paper is only halfway done and I'm out of things to say. Excuse me while I have a heart attack.
I recommend adding unnecessary adverbs as much as possible. Swole up that word count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom