• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Just saw this exchange on Facebook and it is now on my mind:

XyZWRic.png

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I started working at my current job the summer after my first year of uni, so the summer of 2016, and it has been the job I happily returned to every summer since. I used to love it, and the people I work with, but now I just want out. The place I put so much passion into is slowly falling apart and being driven into the ground, and working there feels more like a chore now than anything. It really sucks because it used to make me happy when I was feeling down, but now it just makes bad days worse. I honestly can't wait for this summer to be over so I can finally say goodbye to the place I once loved but has gone severely downhill these past few months. I can't wait for the stress to be over and never having to think about working in that tiny, smokey, excessively hot restaurant kitchen ever again.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I started working at my current job the summer after my first year of uni, so the summer of 2016, and it has been the job I happily returned to every summer since. I used to love it, and the people I work with, but now I just want out. The place I put so much passion into is slowly falling apart and being driven into the ground, and working there feels more like a chore now than anything. It really sucks because it used to make me happy when I was feeling down, but now it just makes bad days worse. I honestly can't wait for this summer to be over so I can finally say goodbye to the place I once loved but has gone severely downhill these past few months. I can't wait for the stress to be over and never having to think about working in that tiny, smokey, excessively hot restaurant kitchen ever again.
For alot of us, working in restaurants end up being our first jobs. When I was 14 I started working in a local Chinese restaurant. I only worked there 2 weeks because I saw something I thought was gross one night when I had to take trash out to the dumpster in the alleyway.

The owner's grandmother was sitting out there skinning a cat. I know they weren't serving cat, they were going to eat it for themselves. It was just too gross for me, it was something I didn't want to see. So I never went back. I even had a friend go there to pick up my last paycheck.

After that I worked at Taco Bell for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom