• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
giphy.gif

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Over the last few months, I've really been at the end of my rope with my job. The stress is extremely high, and the hours were absolutely ridiculous, and the company really couldn't give more of a **** about me, or the hard work we have put in. A couple weeks ago, they transferred my General Manager on a one day notice to a ****hole of a store without notice, and then let him go a couple days later. The work environment was so toxic that I put in a two week notice. The new GM talked with me about it, and we were able to come to an agreement for me to stay on the condition that they hire more managers to help. (We were only 3 managers, running two full time properties).

A couple of weeks go by, and the new schedule was posted. Lo and behold, my name is not on the schedule, and the new manager they were hiring was to be my replacement. My GM and the Divisional VP did not talk to me about this at all. My whole 12 hour shift, they kept avoiding me, and never gave me any answers. I only found out it was my last day when the schedule was posted, and through a Chef on duty. It turns out that since I never put in writing that I was agreeing to stay (was never mentioned to me), that they decided to just take my resignation.

It took everything in me to not just say **** it and walk out of my shift, however, in order to be paid out the rest of my vacation time, I needed to complete my last shift, and I'll be damned that they take any money from me.

Luckily, I am very well versed at budgeting and using my money wisely, and I have about 2 years worth of bills in a savings account just for situations like this. I got some great news today that a prospective employer that I have been interviewing with, has offered me a job, with much better benefits and a salary that is a little higher than what I was making before. I'll have 10 other managers on site so we will always have support, and the store has bonused almost every month for the year.

I feel so relieved and happy that I'm not at a ****ty company anymore, and that the future definitely looks brighter. I can finally enjoy some downtime with my family until my background and drug test is done. Score!

Shame about they way they did it but it is good that you are leaving a ****ty company. I am also leaving a ****ty company. End of this month is my last day and it will be good ****ing riddance to them. Should have left a long time ago but I was just in the wrong mental place to get me out of that situation which made me more unhappy which didn't improve my mental situation...

Anyway good luck for your future career. Interesting that they drug test you over there. I have never been drug tested for a job.

Ninja

Well well well
Shame about they way they did it but it is good that you are leaving a ****ty company. I am also leaving a ****ty company. End of this month is my last day and it will be good ****ing riddance to them. Should have left a long time ago but I was just in the wrong mental place to get me out of that situation which made me more unhappy which didn't improve my mental situation...

Anyway good luck for your future career. Interesting that they drug test you over there. I have never been drug tested for a job.

Glad you're getting the hell out of a crappy workplace. Good for you brother.

It's probably because I'll be taking a management position in a high volume establishment, so they require testing for that.

However, lots of jobs here require drug testing. Never understood why but ever since weed was legalized most employers stopped screening for it.

Reactions: Dio
It feels like the left side of my sternum is inflamed or some **** and it's been like this for the past couple days. Really hurt me to breathe while I was mowing the lawn yesterday and my chest just feels like a massive bruise. Not sure what's up, but I know it's not a binding injury as I've been too nocturnal to be binding lately. My dad and sister think I'm just being delusional or something so I guess the doctor is out of the picture. Hopefully it passes.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Whoa @Deus and @Ninja , I really hope things are going to work out for you both! To be in a toxic ****ty environment called work is everything but healthy. Those asses at your work are going to regret it one day or the other. I hope something good will come to the both of you and everything better than working for Satan (not you, @Satan because you're the coolest Satan ever).

I also got job related news but in my case it's great news. I got a contract extension a week or two back and my boss told me that I was up for getting more hours. Me and another person. Our company is understaffed - as most companies over here- because we've been working overtime for weeks now. So my boss asked if there were people willing to work 6 mornings instead of 5. One of my coworkers (who's been made assistent-manager) told my boss that she was willing to do so and that she knew for a fact I was interested in getting more hours as well. So my boss is working on it with his main supervisor. And I worked the past week 25 hours instead of 20. I'm placed on early shift so I get one hour a day extra. And next week I'll be working 30 hours. I really love this job (logistics) and I'm learning more and more every day. So if there ever will be a time when -for whatever reasons- my job ends, I'll have plenty of experience in the logistics field and this can help me further. But I really hope I can stay here for a long time!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Whoa @Deus and @Ninja , I really hope things are going to work out for you both! To be in a toxic ****ty environment called work is everything but healthy. Those asses at your work are going to regret it one day or the other. I hope something good will come to the both of you and everything better than working for Satan (not you, @Satan because you're the coolest Satan ever).

I also got job related news but in my case it's great news. I got a contract extension a week or two back and my boss told me that I was up for getting more hours. Me and another person. Our company is understaffed - as most companies over here- because we've been working overtime for weeks now. So my boss asked if there were people willing to work 6 mornings instead of 5. One of my coworkers (who's been made assistent-manager) told my boss that she was willing to do so and that she knew for a fact I was interested in getting more hours as well. So my boss is working on it with his main supervisor. And I worked the past week 25 hours instead of 20. I'm placed on early shift so I get one hour a day extra. And next week I'll be working 30 hours. I really love this job (logistics) and I'm learning more and more every day. So if there ever will be a time when -for whatever reasons- my job ends, I'll have plenty of experience in the logistics field and this can help me further. But I really hope I can stay here for a long time!

Thank you I hope things work out too! And for you as well :pug:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Do our thoughts exist in potentia? Can a thought exist without form? Why do thoughts come prefaced as how we hear our own voice? Does the subconsious really have a say in thinking? or is it just for baser instinct?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
For real? I actually kind of wanted the Knights to do it and make history.
I'm glad the Knights didn't win. I've nothing against them but all the Pens fans jumped on the Knights bandwagon after they got eliminated and only because of M-AF.. And I like Ovi. He's a great player and he deserves the cup.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Girlfriend issues. Well I mean we're not together yet, but a few months ago she said she wanted to date me. I really like her. But she had to move back in with her parents two months ago. She recently got another apartment, but then just dropped off for awhile. So earlier today I messaged her and was like, I'm trying to be patient with you, but it's been over a month and I have heard nothing from you. I asked her if she even still wanted to date me. And then I was like just please say something to me. 2 hours ago she responded. "What's up?" What's up! What the hell?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom