• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
As much as I enjoyed you spending time playingb with my cat, it made me miss how we used to be. I wish I could still hold you, and call you mine, and tell you I love you.

Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just had a long chat with one of my best friends from school. Someone I really trusted to talk about things with. During our chat, he brought up my coming out post, and said that knowing I am gay makes him feel really uncomfortable. He kind of implied that he thought I would do something to him, and told me that being gay is unnatural and tried to tell me that it's not a real thing.

He didn't outright tell me he didn't want to be my friend anymore, but I don't know. He was someone I really thought I could trust, but if he can't accept me for who I am, is he really a friend? We've been good friends since first year so I'd hate to end it, but I feel like it's going to make me really sad if I keep being friends with someone who can't accept me. I don't know what to do.

he brought up my coming out post, and said that knowing I am gay makes him feel really uncomfortable. He kind of implied that he thought I would do something to him, and told me that being gay is unnatural and tried to tell me that it's not a real thing.

Him being uncomfortable is completely on him and either he'll have to 'come out' and break through his delusions that your not real, or just leave you altogether. For me personally, I cut ties with people who won't accept me regardless of how valuable the friendship was prior to me coming out, though I give them the option to come back once they've changed (if they've changed). To me, if you can't accept me for who I am, then you were never really my friend to start with.

Dan

I just had a long chat with one of my best friends from school. Someone I really trusted to talk about things with. During our chat, he brought up my coming out post, and said that knowing I am gay makes him feel really uncomfortable. He kind of implied that he thought I would do something to him, and told me that being gay is unnatural and tried to tell me that it's not a real thing.

He didn't outright tell me he didn't want to be my friend anymore, but I don't know. He was someone I really thought I could trust, but if he can't accept me for who I am, is he really a friend? We've been good friends since first year so I'd hate to end it, but I feel like it's going to make me really sad if I keep being friends with someone who can't accept me. I don't know what to do.

Being gay isn't who you are. Many people are uncomfortable around gay people, at least he was upfront and honest about it. I've dated men and I could tell a few people were put off by it, which is fair, I can't control the way they feel. There are reasons as to why people are uncomfortable with it, some of what I feel are legitimate but that's a topic for a whole different thread.

I think you should carry on as if nothing happened, it would be a shame for a good friendship to fall apart. Hopefully you'll stay as good friends, maybe he'll even come to be comfortable around the fact that you're gay, perhaps he has never had a close friendship with someone that is gay before. See where the road leads before bailing out.

Dan

Being upfront and honest doesn't excuse someone's ****ty beliefs and behavior.
Maybe so. I'd rather people be open about it with me and hear them out, I am always curious as to where the beliefs may manifest, no matter how warped I may perceive said beliefs.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

Him being uncomfortable is something he can't control and doesn't mean he is doing something wrong. Him thinking you will do something to him is extremely irrational. Him saying being gay is not a real thing makes me think he needs to do some research. Him being unable to accept you means he probably isn't the right person to be your friend.

Zachie

Moo
I reallyyyyy just want like one day/night cycle where I get a decent sleep and don't feel stupid tired after. I slept like 7 hours and I feel so damn tired.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Today I ate quite possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever tasted. It was a nutritional bar, and its flavor was pineapple banana spinach kale. Yes, all four of those things in one. I was so confused as to how someone could have possibly come up with this combination and at the same time so intrigued as to what it tasted like, so I ate it. It tasted as bizarre as it sounds. I couldn't even taste the spinach or the kale, but the bitterness of the pineapple meshed with the taste of the banana. A bitter banana is not a taste I want to experience again. It wasn't outright disgusting, but it was just so weirdly strong that I had to eat it very slowly. Would not have it again.

Ninja

Well well well
Today I ate quite possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever tasted. It was a nutritional bar, and its flavor was pineapple banana spinach kale. Yes, all four of those things in one. I was so confused as to how someone could have possibly come up with this combination and at the same time so intrigued as to what it tasted like, so I ate it. It tasted as bizarre as it sounds. I couldn't even taste the spinach or the kale, but the bitterness of the pineapple meshed with the taste of the banana. A bitter banana is not a taste I want to experience again. It wasn't outright disgusting, but it was just so weirdly strong that I had to eat it very slowly. Would not have it again.

You should really try Quest bars. They are the best tasting protein bars I've ever had.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend

being gay is prob like 10% of who you are but theres still that 90% that he knows and he can learn to be ok with gayness, but you say I wont talk about being gay with you unless you ask, but if he really don't like it then he should be cut out until he can learn (if he does)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

If he has not had a gay friend or somehow not known gay people before then it might be hard for him. When I was 11 I found the idea of homosexual relations between two men to be wierd and yes I thought that if I had a gay friend then he would just be friends with me because he wanted my booty or something.

I take it however he is a bit older than that and I am surprised that he has gone through life this long without knowing someone who is gay. If he really values you he will come to accept it or make an effort to and if not then you are likely better off not bothering with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom