• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I almost got ran over and became a road pancake tonight. I was crossing at a crossing where they have traffic lights to stop the cars and when I was in the middle of the road this car just kept coming even though their light was red. They only hit the break at the last second and I leaped backward so the car stopped just in time. If they had hit the breaks any later or had I jumped to the side instead of backwards it would have hit me for sure.

Ninja

Well well well
Good luck with getting into that new position!

Unfortunately that position didn't work out. They wanted me to take a demotion for a chance at getting promoted later. I politely declined the position.

The good thing though is that my current GM and I have a close relationship and have always been honest with each other about other opportunities. I informed him that I was exploring what my market value and what I believed I was worth.

A few days later he approaches me and let me know that he discussed my value to the company with the President of Operations and they submitted a $5k raise for me, Which matches exactly what I was looking for. :)

Then I watched while he broke the sixth seal. There was a tremendous earthquake, the sun turned dark like coarse black cloth, and the full moon was red as blood. The stars of the sky fell upon the earth, just as a fig-tree sheds unripe figs when shaken in a gale. The sky vanished as though it were a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was jolted out of its place. Then the kings of the earth, and the great men, the captains, the wealthy, the powerful, and every man, whether slave or free, hid themselves in caves and among mountain rocks. They called out to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of his wrath has come, and who is able to stand against it?”

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I finally booked my flight to move to Japan for exchange today. I’ll be leaving Australia on April 2nd and likely will not return until September-ish 2019. So after getting home from this current Indonesia/Japan/Sth Korea trip I’ll have a little over a month and a half to wrap up everything I need to. I hope I can spend lots of time with friends/family before leaving because it’s gonna be a long time.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I finally booked my flight to move to Japan for exchange today. I’ll be leaving Australia on April 2nd and likely will not return until September-ish 2019. So after getting home from this current Indonesia/Japan/Sth Korea trip I’ll have a little over a month and a half to wrap up everything I need to. I hope I can spend lots of time with friends/family before leaving because it’s gonna be a long time.

sounds like you're doing what you wanna do and having fun doing it ^^, have fun m'man ^^

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Every Thursday is Wing Day at my school. It’s my favorite day of the week, I have arranged my schedule to give me time for Wing Day. I signed up for a super early class, even though I could go at noon, to give me time for wings.

But there are no wings today, and I feel betrayed and lied to. :kawaii::kawaii::kawaii:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I've been really down on myself these past few days and I need to stop. I keep telling myself I'm a joke who nobody respects, and while I think that's true to an extent, constantly telling myself that I'm deserving of nothing or getting angry at myself and those around me isn't the way to handle it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thinking about leaving this wonderful site. :( I hate to admit it but there really is nothing left for me here. The place where I can contribute is no longer active, so perhaps it's best for me to just take my leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom