• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored

Sigh, this constant rain has me feeling very bored. And Classes dtart tomorrow
I'd love some rain! We've had one solid rainfall (and even it was small) since mid-June, and even before that we had very little. This is currently the driest summer on record where I live, please send me some of your rain!

Mido

Version 1
While walking my dogs this morning, I was listening to Halo music. In particular, it got me thinking as to how well the music incorporates various reprisings of other songs in the series. It's a really neat blend (not that it is in any way a novel phenomenon, but I just find it done super well here).

It's the 16th anniversary of 9/11, and I hope every American remembers the anniversary of this tragedy. Over the last year, I've met some 14 and 15 year olds who weren't even born when this happened. It's more important to keep this in perspective than ever. And as with every year, there will be people who state that we need to show solidarity beyond a single occasion every year, and I agree with that completely. We've seen heartwarming responses to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, but people need to reach out to help their fellow citizens more often. Therefore, it's important to mark this anniversary to not only remember those who died on this tragic anniversary but to try and come together with different minded people more often and to educate those who aren't old enough to remember these attacks. I was only in kindergarten when I vaguely remember seeing the World Trade Centers collapsing on TV, yet I think every American should remember the past to shape a better future.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's the 16th anniversary of 9/11, and I hope every American remembers the anniversary of this tragedy. Over the last year, I've met some 14 and 15 year olds who weren't even born when this happened. It's more important to keep this in perspective than ever. And as with every year, there will be people who state that we need to show solidarity beyond a single occasion every year, and I agree with that completely. We've seen heartwarming responses to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, but people need to reach out to help their fellow citizens more often. Therefore, it's important to mark this anniversary to not only remember those who died on this tragic anniversary but to try and come together with different minded people more often and to educate those who aren't old enough to remember these attacks. I was only in kindergarten when I vaguely remember seeing the World Trade Centers collapsing on TV, yet I think every American should remember the past to shape a better future.
i personally think the 9/11 attacks are sensationalized a lot because america is a very safe country to live in in terms of attacks from other countries. in terms of pure numbers, something like hurricane katrina was arguably worse.

i personally think the 9/11 attacks are sensationalized a lot because america is a very safe country to live in in terms of attacks from other countries. in terms of pure numbers, something like hurricane katrina was arguably worse.

True. But I think that's exactly why people remember 9/11 so well. Actual terrorist attacks on U.S. soil are so rare. There was the Okalahoma City Bombing a few years before 9/11, but 9/11 stands out more because of its sheer scope and the fact that it was an attack by forces from outside the U.S. I think most normal civilians keep it in perspective. If anything, the U.S. government blew it out of proportion with the decision to invade Iraq after the phoney weapons of mass destruction cover story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom