• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I wish Saturday could come faster...
We are going to go and look for puppies in kennel we contacted and have been in touch with. I really want a dog so I am super excited to go.

Reactions: Dio

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Get a pug if they have one.

Yes get a pug! Whatever you decide remember to post puppy pictures!
Sadly the kennel we are going only has golden retrievers and Nova Scotia duck tolling retrievers. So no pugs, unfortunaly
And of course I am going to post some pictures at some point, we are talking about puppies. Who wouldn't want to see pictures of cute puppies.

Reactions: Dio

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Wondering if you guys prefer
B6MrGCf.png
over
e0jaqkM.png

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I got my Mom's refurbished Thinkpad the other day. Installed all the updates, copied over all her user files, installed Office and Adobe Reader, and got everything more or less up and running. It has two features I didn't really notice it had before I got it. A TrackPoint and a fingerprint scanner. The TrackPoint is an alternative way of moving the mouse that allows you to keep your fingers on the home row. I personally like it, though it's not everyone's taste.

The fingerprint scanner was difficult to setup, because it wasn't designed with Windows 10 in mind and installs the wrong drivers by default, but it does actually work well now. In fact, the coolest thing it does is this... the fingerprint scanner has hooks into the BIOS, and you can actually swipe your finger while the PC is off in order to turn it on. If you turn the PC on in this way, Windows will automatically log you in as the user that was registered under that fingerprint. So I could use my fingerprint, and the PC would power on and go to my user account. She could use her fingerprint, and the PC would power on and go to her user account. The boot time is really fast if you do it this way, so that's an incentive to use it. There's no delay for facial recognition, no delay for typing, so it's by far the fastest I've ever seen Windows start without simply disabling all the security and having it automatically log a user in when the computer boots. It's a very neat piece of technology, and one I've never had the pleasure of having on a laptop before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom