• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Seeing an old friend today made me miss 2010. I honestly think my first year on the forums was the most enjoyable one... but then I guess it's like that for everyone.

2011 was my first year I really enjoyed the Suckward Sword theorising and active community we had but the mods were corrupt and we had more assholes around than we do now. I am actually rather enjoying the current environment of the forum even though things are quieter.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
2011 was my first year I really enjoyed the Suckward Sword theorising and active community we had but the mods were corrupt and we had more assholes around than we do now. I am actually rather enjoying the current environment of the forum even though things are quieter.

Yeah, I definitely don't miss 2011. I actually spent most of that year hoping things would get better again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah, I definitely don't miss 2011. I actually spent most of that year hoping things would get better again.

I didn't know forum life to be any better back then. I think 2014 was a reasonable year then we had 2015 which was dark days indeed with all the emote spam rampant throughout the forums, especially in the SB. Impossible to hold a good conversation with anyone when it was like that because it would end up being interrupted by a wall of emotes or when I blocked them, the code for the emotes. Still as annoying.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I didn't know forum life to be any better back then. I think 2014 was a reasonable year then we had 2015 which was dark days indeed with all the emote spam rampant throughout the forums, especially in the SB. Impossible to hold a good conversation with anyone when it was like that because it would end up being interrupted by a wall of emotes or when I blocked them, the code for the emotes. Still as annoying.

I must say, I do miss the emotes. It's the emote abuse I don't miss. :P

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I must say, I do miss the emotes. It's the emote abuse I don't miss. :P

Big emotes weren't conducive to good conversation and must have been horrifying to new members. Even I was horrified by some of them and I have seen some sights in my time.

I personally disliked them as is hard to respond to someone in the SB when their shout is pushed down by big emotes even when they are used sparingly. For instance if a member said hello and asked how peoples days were, a few big emotes quickly got rid of that shout from view. Members will then not respond and the person who gave the greeting as they would be unaware any had been given. The person who gave the greeting of course would be discouraged from doing so again as they would feel ignored, especially if they were new to the forums.

You only need to step into the shoutbox today to see the benefit removing them has done for the place.

Last edited:

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Hello, I am DARK MASTER of the Zelda community forums. I are am wondering, whether I could have a Golden Key Award to keep my very important reputation. Now. You might be wondering why I am asking? Well. You must understand, what the Zelda Dungeon community thinks of me is highly important for going about my general existence as a small underage 12 year old boy. Now you might be under to yourself, "wait DM" aren't you Mases'?" well you wouldn't be wrong boyscout, however I am waaaaaaaaaaay more sexy. Please overreact if you are interested in drama. No homo.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Hello, I am DARK MASTER of the Zelda community forums. I are am wondering, whether I could have a Golden Key Award to keep my very important reputation. Now. You might be wondering why I am asking? Well. You must understand, what the Zelda Dungeon community thinks of me is highly important for going about my general existence as a small underage 12 year old boy. Now you might be under to yourself, "wait DM" aren't you Mases'?" well you wouldn't be wrong boyscout, however I am waaaaaaaaaaay more sexy. Please overreact if you are interested in drama. No homo.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I'm not really feeling like voting for more people in the GKA's right now. If I suddenly became 398 rupees richer however, the joy that extra wonga would bring might tempt me to think harder about the sort of people that deserve awards...

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not really feeling like voting for more people in the GKA's right now. If I suddenly became 398 rupees richer however, the joy that extra wonga would bring might tempt me to think harder about the sort of people that deserve awards...

-''Accidentally'' drops 398 rupees at deus's feet and keeps walking-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom