• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's really nice to feel appreciated. My boss actually had a private chat with me today at work, and told me how much he appreciates everything I do for the restaurant, and how I go the extra mile to ensure things get done and the business keeps running smoothly. I've never really felt this kind of genuine appreciation before, so it does make me feel great, knowing all my hard work and doing more than just the bare minimum does not go unnoticed. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One of my coworkers told me at the gym another coworker was taken to the hospital this morning after he suffered a stroke. Gosh I hope he's gonna be alright!
And this morning we were all gathering in the cantina to know more about the situation. My coworker is brain dead but they keep him "alive" for his internal organs. So we're all prepared for the funeral which is going to happen this month. Needless to say the general mood at work was very depressing.

d575b31581b9a3eb9c904aaed71befe0e6488002_hq.gif

How nice this tea is... i think i put in an extra sugar.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
That's great! And even better that you dont have to pay for the first semester. Did you get to speak to many other students who will be attending with you?

Not really. I did talk to two girls I was standing in line with and they seemed really nice. :) Not sure if we'll be in the same classes though.

Reactions: Dio

Ninja

Well well well
One of our restaurants we manage had a surprise visit from the health inspector today. We had 5 permits inspected and we all passed with the highest grade, an A. Despite this we got dinged on a few things, so I'm drafting up an action plan to fix these issues. Mindboggling.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
One of our restaurants we manager had a surprise visit from the health inspector today. We had 5 permits inspected and we all passed with the highest grade, an A. Despite this we got dinged on a few things, so I'm drafting up an action plan to fix these issues. Mindboggling.
Health Inspectors will almost always find something, even in the cleanest kitchen in the world. We passed our latest inspection with flying colours, because everything they said we were doing wrong, we fixed. But then they added stuff to our inspection that they hadn't mentioned in any previous inspections, so sometimes I think they must have some sort of quota. Our inspector is a ***** though tbh.

Ninja

Well well well
Health Inspectors will almost always find something, even in the cleanest kitchen in the world. We passed our latest inspection with flying colours, because everything they said we were doing wrong, we fixed. But then they added stuff to our inspection that they hadn't mentioned in any previous inspections, so sometimes I think they must have some sort of quota. Our inspector is a ***** though tbh.

I feel you. Glad to see someone that works in the industry here! "Oh yes, even though you fixed everything we dinged you for, here's a huge laundry list of **** you did wrong this time".

Yeah, they always tend to find something. One of our permits, the bar, was inspected and aside from a sanitation bucket not having a towel in it (it was in use, on a stainless surface), we got dinged because our lighting was supposed to be at a certain level. Out of our many years, we have never seen a health inspector use a light meter, lol.

Our inspector is new and she is also notorious for being a hardass, and even though we spent 4.5 hours with her, she didn't ding us for anything that we corrected on site.

Most of our demerits were because of how old the hotel building is, and the quality of the engineers that do the repair and maintenance. It's difficult because we will get in trouble if we fix it ourselves the right way, but we have to settle for poor results because they are protected by the culinary union. That and since the hotel is so old we're dealing with issues the previous restaurants left behind.

There was recent changes in the health district that forces them to work nights and weekends (like everyone else in the hospitality industry), they aren't too happy about it and your quota comment makes their attitudes all the more worse, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom