• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I bought a 2ds again. I regret trading it in, and I'm so glad to have it back. and I get to play through Omega Ruby again :)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
One of my closest friends' father passed away overnight this week. I've never really been in a situation like this before so I'm a bit at a loss at how exactly to approach this with them. Also, I'm not even sure if I should attend the funeral, I didn't know his dad well but maybe I should still attend for my friend and out of respect?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I had a nice chat with another old friend from Canada recently. It seems like people really are showing up and talking to me after all this time. I'm still amazed people didn't forget about me after four years, or just stop caring. I guess I never expected to form close connections to people on the Internet. I didn't think I was interesting, or that I made an impression on anyone.

Also thinking about the fact that my political views have shifted to the right. It's very awkward, because I know I probably won't get along with people on here as well as I did before. A lot of jokes or conversations are less funny and more irritating than before. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm so much older than everyone else. I don't really appreciate the world they grew up in, or the values they were raised with. I was in my 20s when I came here, and I've watched a lot of people grow up here on ZD. Now, I'm nearly 30, and all these kids I used to know are entering their 20s and getting married. It's like watching what happened with my High School friends all over again. They grew up, got married, moved on with their lives... and I got left behind somehow, unsure how to proceed with my own.

I think that when everyone starts retiring, and they're done with that intense period from 20-50 or so, they'll have time to talk again. That's what I'm looking forward to at this point, if you can believe that. It's always the young, the elderly, and the disabled that seem to have the most time to talk to a Hikikomori like me.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I went shopping with my mother and sister. Bought the garduation cap and shoes for the dress, so I should have everything for the graduation ceremony ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom