• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
A black bear wandered into town searching for food earlier today. It wasn't hurting anybody, it wasn't even paying attention to the people. It found some garbage left out and ate it. And what happened to it? It was shot dead in the street in front of a lot of people. It breaks my heart to see that this is what it's come to. That rather than safely remove it from town a humane way (ie. tranquilizers), the conservation officers have resorted to just straight up murder. Why? It wasn't hurting anyone. And why are bears coming into town anyway? Food scarcity. Why do they have a food scarcity? Because we're ****ing destroying their habitat. And hey, people just leaving open garbage outside is basically an open invitation for the bears who are out of food in their own habitat. We're killing animals for trying to survive. That's what it's come to. This bear was completely ignoring people who walked right by it, it wasn't a threat at the time. The only way it would've attacked is if someone provoked it to. And that's why, yes, it should be removed from town. But there are far better ways to do that than simply killing it. It truly does break my heart. This was an innocent animal simply trying to survive because we took what it knew to be its home, and we just kill it without hesitation because it wandered into our habitat after we destroyed its own. Problems with humanity? I can list a few, but this is definitely high on the list.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
A black bear wandered into town searching for food earlier today. It wasn't hurting anybody, it wasn't even paying attention to the people. It found some garbage left out and ate it. And what happened to it? It was shot dead in the street in front of a lot of people. It breaks my heart to see that this is what it's come to. That rather than safely remove it from town a humane way (ie. tranquilizers), the conservation officers have resorted to just straight up murder. Why? It wasn't hurting anyone. And why are bears coming into town anyway? Food scarcity. Why do they have a food scarcity? Because we're ****ing destroying their habitat. And hey, people just leaving open garbage outside is basically an open invitation for the bears who are out of food in their own habitat. We're killing animals for trying to survive. That's what it's come to. This bear was completely ignoring people who walked right by it, it wasn't a threat at the time. The only way it would've attacked is if someone provoked it to. And that's why, yes, it should be removed from town. But there are far better ways to do that than simply killing it. It truly does break my heart. This was an innocent animal simply trying to survive because we took what it knew to be its home, and we just kill it without hesitation because it wandered into our habitat after we destroyed its own. Problems with humanity? I can list a few, but this is definitely high on the list.
dicks out for harambear

Dan

It probably won't surprise you but some people end up shooting cats because "THEY **** IN MA GARDEN HURRR". If a domestic house cat isn't free from idiocracy what chance does a wild bear have.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I got a new backpack today. It's the first time I've bought a new school bag since 9th grade. My old one has lasted me 8 years, and it could probably last another 2 but it's really starting to fall apart now. My new one is very similar to it; almost like it got a system update. I like it a lot.

Now I've got all my school supplies ready to start the new semester at my new school... the day after I get home from the beach.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't know. Like with harambe, you are sort of underestimating the urgency of this. What if for whatever reason, that bear DID attack someone? A 400 pound black bear could take a little bit to be tranquilized, the tranquilizer dart may even cause it to react violently. If you are an officer who must protect human lives at all cost, is that a risk you're willing to take? When the bear doesn't get immediately tranquilized, and then attacks and kills a 10 year old boy, whose conscience is it on?

In terms of ruining their habitat, while it is sad, this is something that animals have done forever to each other, albeit in different ways. Animals have gone extinct or had their habitat ruined by other animals since the beginning of time, and its animals dying and being put in precarious situations that lead to new species being able to gain a foothold on the next rung of the foodchain. If the dinosaurs hadn't been wiped out by a meteorite, we wouldn't be here, for example. I think there's a lot more that goes into these things than just "the bear wasn't hurting anybody". On that note, what would you say if someone was attacked and killed by a black bear for going near its cubs in its habitat? Well, that person shouldn't be there, right? I mean, sure, maybe the person wasn't going to hurt the cubs, but can you be sure?

Ambient Nomad

Home Starmy
Good reason. As much as I love my coffee, I have to limit how much I drink. Since I went down to only a cup a day and only in the morning, I sleep a lot better and have fewer issues with anxiety.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Diet soda is worse for you in the long run because it is loaded with artificial sugars that can negatively affect your ability to properly metabolize natural sugars. And apart from the sugar, it has basically all the other damaging chemicals that regular sodas have, so you're really not doing yourself any favours switching to diet soda, unless you're diabetic and you still need your soda fix.

Misty

Ronin
Yeah, you're right. I'm so close to giving it up too. I used to pretty much only drink it and milk. Now, I have at most two small bottles a week. But I really want to kick it entirely. That last bit is the hardest, especially when I get a cold. It really cuts through all the flem and slime in my throat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom