• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm slowly but surely building up my eBay repertoire. At the same time I've lost any ability to socialize. Money over people as they say. Instead of being in your face about it, I'll just donate money from the shadows.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
It's his day
2645839c35e593f965cb8e2f612ea77a.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm being forced to upgrade to Windows 10 against my will so I'm backing up all the important files on my laptop because one of the people I follow lost all their files when she upgraded to it and now I'm paranoid as **** about mine.
Okay now I'm panicking because my flash drive doesn't have enough space and I have no other means of backing up my files ****

Sheik

:the:
Last day of middle school coming up. Thinking about this forum. I don't blame ZD for this since it really is me who's at fault, but all of my time here in sixth, seventh grade really screwed me up in some ways. A complete unwillingness to develop myself. No importance placed on having a real social life outside of the Internet. No more confidence in myself. I feel distant from my classmates.

High school will start in a short few months. I need to change. I was hoping I could change before middle school ended so that I could leave my classmates with a better impression of me - since I won't cross paths with many of them again - but time is up.

I will be more active on ZD over this summer, but in moderation. I hope I find myself to be more active on Snapchat and Instagram, where my real life friends are, than on here. I mean nothing in offense to ZD. It's my fault for being an idiot these past few years.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Last day of middle school coming up. Thinking about this forum. I don't blame ZD for this since it really is me who's at fault, but all of my time here in sixth, seventh grade really screwed me up in some ways. A complete unwillingness to develop myself. No importance placed on having a real social life outside of the Internet. No more confidence in myself. I feel distant from my classmates.

High school will start in a short few months. I need to change. I was hoping I could change before middle school ended so that I could leave my classmates with a better impression of me - since I won't cross paths with many of them again - but time is up.

I will be more active on ZD over this summer, but in moderation. I hope I find myself to be more active on Snapchat and Instagram, where my real life friends are, than on here. I mean nothing in offense to ZD. It's my fault for being an idiot these past few years.
We've missed you around here. I can totally understand though and feel you 100%, especially regarding the social isolation part and spending too much time on the internet.

It's good to see you making a choice that you know will benefit you. I know you're probably not leaving permanently, but just know that you're always welcome back here whenever you want. :)

You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. The lessons you learn from social interactions online can help you communicate with people in real life better. You might not see a physical person or even have a voice to connect a message to, but Internet discussions are still a valuable means of expressing yourself and becoming more open with others.

When I joined ZD a few days before the start of junior year of high school, I was at a pretty important crossroads in my social relationships. I unfortunately had pretty bad luck with choosing friends early on in life. All of the friends I made through sixth grade ended up moving to different districts a year or two after I met them. I didn't develop my first long lasting friendship until seventh grade, and I didn't truly open up to my friends until high school. I was a rather shy person, but speaking to a wide variety of people on ZD helped me become more confident in myself.

What I'm trying to say here is that you should be the person you've always been on ZD, and try to apply what you've learned through talking to people here in making friends in real life. Middle school is an awkward time for most people, so your classmates won't jeer at you for needing time to develop yourself as a person and discovering the types of people you like to hang out with. Plus, there are bound to be new kids from other middle schools in high school, so you can make more friends from a new group of people if you wish. It's a good step in the right direction that you are already trying to keep in touch with your current real life friends.

Hopefully you can still find some time to be active on ZD, but I understand if you want to focus on real life instead. Best of luck in high school, and I hope your middle school graduation goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom