• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
You lost ◊0 for Lost a Post Like.
1:41 PM
You get ◊1 for Receive a Post Like.
1:40 PM
You lost ◊0 for Lost a Post Like.
You get ◊1 for Receive a Post Like.

MAKE UP YOUR BLOODY MIND! And before you click the button.

Thank you for confirming that this works here. :mods:
This sounds like a fun way to waste time :P

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For a while now the part of my chest kind of at the center front of my ribcage has had a constant dull ache. Must have been a few years now. I can't say "chest pains" without people freaking out and saying "are you having a heart attack?" No, it's definitely very close to the surface, in and around the sternum, and not having anything at all to do with the heart. For now I've been working on the assumption that it is part of the injury I received as as child that left me with a deformed rib. The doctor who discovered I had that also noticed that it likely bent my spine a bit, which was easily corrected with a few quick adjustments. So it's not a stretch to think the sternum is a bit deformed too and pressing on something it shouldn't be. But it's just been getting a bit more.... noticeable? Something like that, in the few years or so, just like the other rib problem. I can feel the tissue around there is sometimes inflamed. Ah... but there's no much to be done. All the advice the doctors had for the other problem was take anti-inflammatory drugs. Which undoubtedly would be the same advice for this one. And that's not an appealing option. I rather not depend on something that in the long run is going to do more harm than good.

Its could be costochondritis. If its that I've had it myself, it was aggravated by doing heavy dips in the gym so I just switched to other exercises for triceps instead and after about 6 months it settled down, but during the time it was sore to the touch and you could feel some swelling in there.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Its could be costochondritis. If its that I've had it myself, it was aggravated by doing heavy dips in the gym so I just switched to other exercises for triceps instead and after about 6 months it settled down, but during the time it was sore to the touch and you could feel some swelling in there.
Maybe? But it's ALWAYS there. It never eases on its own, it never goes away. It's been there for years. My activity level in the winter tends to be very sedentary. While when the weather warms up, I usually start going on four-hour-or-longer bike rides at least every other day for most of the summer. If I get more inflammation, it's at that damaged rib that is sticking out and not the constant one on the sternum.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Maybe? But it's ALWAYS there. It never eases on its own, it never goes away. It's been there for years. My activity level in the winter tends to be very sedentary. While when the weather warms up, I usually start going on four-hour-or-longer bike rides at least every other day for most of the summer. If I get more inflammation, it's at that damaged rib that is sticking out and not the constant one on the sternum.

You are just a medical mystery it seems, with your unexplainable ailments.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
You are just a medical mystery it seems, with your unexplainable ailments.
Whatever it is, it's very, very clear it's caused by something being out of place due to that childhood cow-induced injury. It's the most logical explanation. Whatever inflammation I have is due to bones rubbing against tissues they're not supposed to be pressed so close against. As I do have an irritating habit of continuing to breathe, the sternum is constantly in motion and logically would have inflammation issues if it was not in the correct position.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
Dark Souls 3 tomorrow. Also the fact that Monster Hunter X/Generations comes out on June 31....it only goes to the 30ith that month.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Soul Calibur 2 just popped up as available to download on the Xbox One. Its good to see my old games becoming available with the backwards compatibility scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom