• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My hard drive is shot and it's gonna cost $160 to replace it. For one thing, I don't have $160 to spare for that, and it's highly unlikely that my data is gonna be recovered. At this point, since I need to buy a MacBook Pro for my second year, I'm thinking it's probably not even worth fixing. By the time I got it back, the school year will almost be over anyway, then I'm going back home. Just means I'm probably gonna be computer less for the last month of school, unless I can keep signing them out of the library (which is entirely dependent on how many they have to spare at the time). I had a lot of personal stuff on there that's gone now, along with a few homework assignments that I now have to completely restart. Damn.

My hard drive is shot and it's gonna cost $160 to replace it. For one thing, I don't have $160 to spare for that, and it's highly unlikely that my data is gonna be recovered. At this point, since I need to buy a MacBook Pro for my second year, I'm thinking it's probably not even worth fixing. By the time I got it back, the school year will almost be over anyway, then I'm going back home. Just means I'm probably gonna be computer less for the last month of school, unless I can keep signing them out of the library (which is entirely dependent on how many they have to spare at the time). I had a lot of personal stuff on there that's gone now, along with a few homework assignments that I now have to completely restart. Damn.

Why so expensive?

Unless you have a special type of hard drive that needs to be installed into your computer, I can't see a SATA HDD costing any more than ~$50-70, give or take.

I'm starting to become more comfortable in my own skin. I'm on the autism spectrum and that's fine. I have friends who seem to care for me and that's pretty cool. There are things I could improve about myself, but I can work on that. Everything is just fine.

Technically speaking, every human being on the planet is on the autism spectrum somewhere. You seem pretty high functioning like myself.

Misty

Ronin
I legitimately often have a hard time seeing Selenus as autistic. Like I know it's true and I'm not trying to belittle your struggle, but you blend in very very well.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm starting to become more comfortable in my own skin. I'm on the autism spectrum and that's fine. I have friends who seem to care for me and that's pretty cool. There are things I could improve about myself, but I can work on that. Everything is just fine.

Technically speaking, every human being on the planet is on the autism spectrum somewhere. You seem pretty high functioning like myself.

I legitimately often have a hard time seeing Selenus as autistic. Like I know it's true and I'm not trying to belittle your struggle, but you blend in very very well.

That's good to here. Friends definitely make things easier. We all have things to improve on, and when we do it's great to see the results.

I think Selenus is right in that every person is on the autism spectrum somewhere. The brain is such a complicated thing, so it's not hard to imagine something might go weird. I myself have Autism, and I function pretty well.

They call it a spectrum for a reason. Autism can have a wide range of symptoms. Some people seem perfectly normal, while others have a more difficult time.

To be fair, you would not be the first person who thought that. I can call myself fortunate that my disorder isn't severe enough to impact my life, although there are some social situations that I still struggle with, believe it or not.

That's good to here. Friends definitely make things easier. We all have things to improve on, and when we do it's great to see the results.

I think Selenus is right in that every person is on the autism spectrum somewhere. The brain is such a complicated thing, so it's not hard to imagine something might go weird. I myself have Autism, and I function pretty well.

They call it a spectrum for a reason. Autism can have a wide range of symptoms. Some people seem perfectly normal, while others have a more difficult time.

Like you said, it is a spectrum. Not every autistic person has the same level of functioning as other people. Autism has very much to do with how the brain prunes nerves during development; unlike a neurotypical person's brain, an autistic person's brain is firing on all cylinders at all times, to the point that the brain is overwhelmed. This is due to the brain now pruning nerve connections in the proper manner or not pruning them at all. I know when I was younger, my disorder was a lot more severe; it wasn't until I hit middle school and adolescence that I really started to come out of my shell, for better or worse.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

Never knew either of you were autistic but then again i don't treat people very different from one another and you'd need a brick to get my attention anywho ^^.

The recliner that is basically my bed at this point broke again and it takes an active effort to not have the entire thing flip over backward when reclining. Help.

Put it near a pool or lake and have a diving board

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
To be fair, you would not be the first person who thought that. I can call myself fortunate that my disorder isn't severe enough to impact my life, although there are some social situations that I still struggle with, believe it or not.
Same for me. I'm so high functioning that I often forget I was diagnosed with it at all lol. It's kind of an eye opener to see people with the same disorder who are much lower functioning than I am. I get that feeling a lot since I've been working at a residential center for people with physical/developmental disabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom